This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Feature request: Philips Hue App, Set Dim-level with tag

Hi I want to request a feature for the Philips hue app. I would like the set-dim level card to have the ability to place a tag.

I am able save the state on every light level change in a variable and then copy this variable to a saved state variable. but there isnt a way to use this variable back in the set dim-level card of the hue lights.

Reason:
When i open the garden door i want some lights go on to a specific value and after a period of time i want them back to there value they had before.

When i play  a movie in Kodi i want to lower the brightness of certain lights. now when i pauze or stop the movie i want the lights back to their old value.

Comments

• It would be nice if settings from a group of lights could be saved, retreived and applied again, in other words scene support!
  • +1
  • It would be nice if settings from a group of lights could be saved, retreived and applied again, in other words scene support!
    You can try scenes alr with the constellation app on git
  • There are other ways to do it but none native. unfortunately.
  • +1 got the Quad button from Aeotec, and would love to be able to dim the lights according to the dim level set on those buttons. Aeotec actually saves the dim level to a variable, but no way to use it with the Philips cards
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited July 2017
    @elwin23
    You can now place number tags ontop of the dim slider, so it will overwrite the slider itself

This is a default thing of all sliders, not just the set dim level, so also possible with the set hue and set saturation cards

Old treath anyway :smile:
  • Feature requests and bugs need to be reported at the Github of Athom, that's the place they use for these kind of things. They forum is only for discussing about it. If you want this feature you need to do a request here -> https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues
  • Great thanks @caseda ! I thought I tried this, but there is some delay when dragging the tag which made me thing it doesn't work (and you have to drop it exactly on top of a field for it to work).
    Just tried it and works like a charm!!