This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Design Intercom?

Someone who knows a nice looking Intercom/Doorbel with camera working with Homey?
I was waiting for the Fibaro, but it doesn't show up...

Comments

• i have the ring pro. works great and with ifttt you can connect homey

www.ring.com

• mruiter said:
    i have the ring pro. works great and with ifttt you can connect homey

www.ring.com

Any nice deals?
  • PeaoPeao Member
    edited August 2016
    http://www.skybell.com/
    Has also IFTTT support.
  • Door bird has a open api. 
  • All three of them have only (paid) cloud-recording; no recording to my own NAS or anything else?
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited September 2016

who said wanting a smart home is cheap  :)

But thats the business model of most/all doorphone domotica intercoms.
    They dont sell in super large volumes so they have to have some steady income aka cloud recording.

I Personly dont find the 30 dollar for a year recordings to much to ask. I use and playback daily to see what i missed.

• with doorbird you have free cloud recordings up to 20 most recent visitors and you can also use your NAS. It is not a cheap doorbell but I think it is a nice one. And as jovink mentioned it has an open api so It is possible to make an app for Homey.
  • I own the doorbird and I'm very happy with this device. 
    Is there someone who wants to make an app for homey? Or is there maybe an app? 
  • I'm also intresting in the Doorbird and his open api, it's not cheap but the specs and reviews are great and worth the money.
    Any news on this?
  • Nello is shipping this month. It should support a lot of intercoms and Homey (although I haven't heared anything about the promised Homey integration). 
    If you are interested in Nello, remind me to give an update in a week or two in case I forget to post it on this forum.
  • JaapPelt said:
    Nello is shipping this month. It should support a lot of intercoms and Homey (although I haven't heared anything about the promised Homey integration). 
    If you are interested in Nello, remind me to give an update in a week or two in case I forget to post it on this forum.
    Backed it as well, and so I'm very interested in a update and your findings

• Backed Nello as well, but since I've got a Nuki already, I will sell my Nello once it arrives. So if there are people interested, let me know!
  • YvesGeffensYvesGeffens Member
    edited January 2017
    @Appie
    Interesting 'toy'.
    I read a bit more about it.
    I don't think it will suit my needs, but probably there are people that might be interested in it.
  • @Appie
    Interesting 'toy'.
    I read a bit more about it.
    I don't think it will suit my needs, but probably there are people that might be interested in it.
    It certainly is! But in my case my 'dumb' intercom broke, so I had to choose between a new dumb intercom to put Nello in (more than 500 euro's!) or first buy a Nuki and use a KaKu doorbell and later see which smart doorbell will be the one to beat (Ring or Doorbird). I chose the latter... 
  • Doorbird seems to be the better one, storage on NAS, wired network connection instead of wi-fi.

Anyone knows if there is an App in the pipeline?
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited February 2017
    Doorbird seems to be the better one, storage on NAS, wired network connection instead of wi-fi.

Anyone knows if there is an App in the pipeline?
    I will probably release a beta suitable for command line installation next week.

I'm in contact with Doorbird about the notification function. Homey is having troubles recognizing the incoming ip of the Doorbird which I would like to use for enhanced security. They are gonna install a beta firmware on my Doorbird to do some tests. In the beta I have solved that differently. Currently working on an action card to send a snapshot over email. Not sure of that will make it into the beta.
  • If only the Doorbird could be integrated with HomeyDash...  :p