This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

flow with kaku stopped working

Hi,

After a few days of perfect working flows with kaku devices, suddenly my lights do not switch on anymore, despite the fact that the flow runs, sends me a message the light will turn on, but nothing happens. When I look at the status of the kaku device in my homey, it looks the device is turned on. When I manually switch the light of with my homey app on my iphone and switch it on again, everything is working. When I test the flow, all steps are taken and the light switches on.

And now the real strange thing. When I reboot my Homey, the next time the flow starts automatically, the light is switched on. The next day, the flow runs, nothing happens.

Of course, I switch the lights off via another flow, every night, so the status of the switch is in off modus by the start of the next day.

I run the 0.9.2 version of the Homey software. Is anyone facing the same problems? Or does anyone nows what I can do to fix this?

Thanks.

Johan

Comments

• Johan, I have a similar experience. 
    My kaku awst 8802 switch and my kaku doorbell only work once. Kaku app crashes or something in the flow crashes.. as my kaku acd1000 outlet works fine, even when the doorbell and switch are not responsive. I think Homey stops listening to the triggers from the doorbell and switch. That would explain why the outlet trigger still works, as sending kaku commands is still fine, while receiving commands by homey somehow stops or crashes...

When I reboot, everything works again, but only once (except for the outlet, as that has always worked fine).
    I am on 0.9.2.

• @KeepT, do you know if Athom knows this issue already?
  • I don't think so, maybe creat an issue on github? 
  • KeepT said:
    Johan, I have a similar experience. 
    My kaku awst 8802 switch and my kaku doorbell only work once. Kaku app crashes or something in the flow crashes.. as my kaku acd1000 outlet works fine, even when the doorbell and switch are not responsive. I think Homey stops listening to the triggers from the doorbell and switch. That would explain why the outlet trigger still works, as sending kaku commands is still fine, while receiving commands by homey somehow stops or crashes...

When I reboot, everything works again, but only once (except for the outlet, as that has always worked fine).
    I am on 0.9.2.

I think it is still a stackoverflow problem. I've got the same problem with motion sensor and lux sensor. Odd thing is, not everyone seems to have this problem.
  • how can i check if the stackoverflow is causing this?

• KeepT said:
    how can i check if the stackoverflow is causing this?

Ah... that was told on the Forum... Just waiting for an updated app / firmware, i guess.
  • There is already a problem raised on github: #807, Kaku ABST-604 unreliable. It looks like a bug. It is assigned to a developer. So, let's wait for a fix.
  • KeepT said:
    Johan, I have a similar experience. 

I am on 0.9.2.

I've had the same problem before with flow only working once before being unresponsive.

I've tested with 0.9.3 to see if there were any improvements, and I just found out my kaku remote stops working when combined in a flow with better logic.

This flow works just fine:

But when I add the newly created boolean "TV"(also with a fresh install of better logic), the remote becomes unresponsive again after first attempt. Testing ON/OFF flows with test button works fine (sends 443 signal and z-wave just fine)

Removing the boolean from the flow, combined with a restart, makes flow working again with remote (now with just pulsing led as output). Does not crash. Adding the boolean again makes it crash.

This is the flow for turning off (and on) the TV, if its of any interest.

1.JPG 21.6K
    2.JPG 27.2K
    3.JPG 29.7K
  • @mranderson , yes my kaku flows are also in combo with betterlogic. In my case i use strings, not booleans to transfer the input signal from Kaku. And indeed, similar to you, my flows become non-responsive after a while. I noted that (when the flow became non-responsive), Homey can no longer reveive a signal from kaku, but can still send signals to Kaku.
    Meanwhile (1day on 0.9.3), my flows (kaku amongs others with betterlogic) are still working.... Keep my fingers (and legs) crossed.
    I keep you posted...
  • This looks like a bug in betterlogic then? Some error which prevents the actions for the trigger from running?
  • Hm, aparently its not betterlogic, after all. This was bad research on my part.
    Tried turning on/off sockets directly with one flow, and its the same problem. It successfully turns off sockets the first time, but then freezes. 

Then I rebooted. removed KAKU socket from the flow, so just led ring and fibaro socket in "then"-column. Worked perfectly with the remote!

Rebooted again, removed fibaro plug, added kaku socket. Freezed after first signal from remote.  So definitely a kaku app/homey issue.
    4.JPG 32.3K
  • mrandersonmranderson Member
    edited August 2016
    OK, narrowed this down by further testing

As long as Homey hasn't sent a 433 signal, it listens nicely to my remote. After such a signal has been sent, it won't listen to my remote anymore - and a reboot is required to normalize. That's why my Kaku remote-activated flows only worked once (with a 433 signal in the output). 

• Sound like Homey is back in continously sending garbage into the air.... Here also notice simular issues. 
  • @mranderson Did you create an issue on github for this?
  • I'll get to it. Have to put my kid to bed first :smiley: