This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

PCM review

In the Dutch computer magazine "PCM"  my Homey review has been published.

Comments

• Nice! Going to get a PCM today
  • Nice article, couldn't agree more!
  • PeaoPeao Member
    Could someone translate (shortened) the Pro&Con and conclusion to english please?
  • Peao said:
    Could someone translate (shortened) the Pro&Con and conclusion to english please?
    Pro

• Supports 8 domotica protocols
    • Expand functionality through apps
    • Intuitive flow editor

Cons
    • Not yet entirely stable

Conclusion
    Yes, it's a beta. Athom reported this to the end users in advance and with every update their pointed at the fact that Homey is still in development phase.
    Is his role as central controller Homey is superb: my equipment is mostly moved over to Homey en it all works!
    Even more important: extra and enhanced functionallity is added on a weekly basis.
    The open structure of Homey appears to be a smart move.
    Homey has a active group of developers and users en new apps appear frequently in the app-store.
    Should a firmware release criple an app, nearly the same day/week an up date of the app appears and it all works again!
  • PeaoPeao Member
    Thank you! That sounds very good and it reflects my point of view.
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited August 2016
    Thanks for the positive response on my article and thanks to @RobinVanKekem for the translation!

Mind you, I wrote the article more than 8 weeks ago and had to anticipate on the later firmware that would solve issues. Fortunately I anticipated correctly. Still, a lot of improvements have to be made and personally I find the z-wave development a bit slow atm. I hope that - as the vacation period is ending for many of us - development will speed up again.  

I rated the support from this community as being excellent and extremely useful too!
  • Since I'm the only one being unable +1 your post I'll do it this way:

+1  :D