This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Set dimmer strength in a numeric percentage

JerryvdvJerryvdv Member
edited August 2016 in Archive
Hi all,

I think it would be awesome to be able to set the strength of a dimmer in percentages (so actually filling in the number, either manual or by a tag) as oppose to the current slider that is available for the dimmers. 

This would in turn allow for easy flows for wake-up/sleep timed lights (i.e. through the use of countdown timers etc).

What do you all think?

Comments

• +1
  • Yes, please! 
  • +1
  • I believe this is part of the flow rewrite/extension Athom is working on at the moment.
  • @KoenMartens any idea which release it will be incorporated in?
  • For which device would you like this as this should be set per device / brand by creating extra action-cards?
  • I would imagine each and every device that can 'dim'.

Devices are pretty subjective as each of us have different configurations. 

Personally, I only have dimmable KAKU devices at the moment as I'm waiting (hoping) on z-wave dimmers that can be used for double switches and/or thinner devices (i.e. the annouced nano dimmer by Aeotec).
    So in my case, my suggestion would be to start off with KAKU.. for example the awmd-250 ;)
  • We can't alter anything on KaKu devices, the KaKu app is closed source for now...
This discussion has been closed.