This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Add Cross-reference page in WebGui for searching and monitoring devices and variables

VonkenboerVonkenboer Member
edited January 2017 in Ideas & Suggestions
I like the Homey so far and the way it evolves. One of the things I'm really miss is a cross-reference functionality. It's a pain in the ass to search for devices or variables currently used in which flows and where to find them.

In industrial PLC software they use cross-reference lists, mostly clickable, to check where I/O's (input/outputs) and variables are used and located, which is very fundamental for programming, documenting, and debugging reasons. Particularly when things evolve in time and things become more complicated.

Examples from cross-reference implementations can be found in any industrial PLC programming software from several different manufactures.

Another nice addition to a cross-reference could be to monitor the actual status and an easy way to edit a current value (something like Siemens Step 7 FAT-table).

So, my suggestion is to implement a cross-reference (and FAT-table) feature in the Homey WebGui in the (near) future?

20170108: issue #1247 posted on GitHub.

Comments

• That would be nice! With all the flows it's a bit messy
  • I like the idea very much!  <3
  • Any info on this? Will it be implemented in the (near) future?
  • Could you file an issue for this on Github explaining what data/info you'd like to see on what part of the Homey-interface?
  • VonkenboerVonkenboer Member
    edited January 2017
    Where/how do I have toBasVanDenBosch said:
    Could you file an issue for this on Github explaining what data/info you'd like to see on what part of the Homey-interface?
    Where/how I have to do that? (never done that before)

EDIT: Which category/repository of the https://github.com/athombv I have to post this?
    EDIT 2: Here's an example video how it's implemented in Siemens TIA Portal. Don't look at the pictures on the screen but listen to/notice the implementation.
  • just the general repository:
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues

• VonkenboerVonkenboer Member
    edited January 2017
    Thank you @BasVanDenBosch !!
    I will report a new 'issue'.

Another video of use of implementation of cross-reference. I was thinking, when used by Homey, to click next, or on, the new variables pull down menu in flows --> go to a new screen where all variables are listed and can be edited. The same principle could be used in devices screen by clicking on the homey device (for a list of all devices used in flows etc.).

Just a thought.
  • FYI, issue #1247 posted on GitHub. I'm curious how it will be received and handled....  :)
  • I have seen that the issue is closed. Is there anyting new since that time?