This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Room locator

Room Locator activeert HomeKit-apparaten zodra je een kamer binnenkomt

Room Locator voor de iPhone met Devices-app
Je kunt HomeKit-apparaten of Philips Hue-lampen zo instellen dat deze automatisch aan gaan zodra je thuis komt. Daarbij maak je gebruik van geolocatie: de iPhone ziet of je in de buurt van je huis komt en zorgt dat bepaalde scènes worden geactiveerd. Wil je per kamer regelen dat bepaalde apparaten aan gaan, dan is er nu de Room Locator. Die merkt als je een bepaalde kamer binnenkomt. Met de bijbehorende Devices-app (link) is het mogelijk.

Room Locator ziet of je een kamer binnenkomt

De Room Locator is een klein kastje dat uitgerust is met Bluetooth. Het werkt dus niet met een bewegingssensor. Dit accessoire kan aan de hand van het Bluetooth-signaal meten of je een kamer binnenkomt of verlaat. Via de Devices-app kun je bijvoorbeeld lampen, de thermostaat of de ventilator automatisch aan of uit kan laten gaan. Dit kan bovendien ook aan de hand van regels, bijvoorbeeld alleen na een bepaald tijdstip of na zonsondergang.

Room Locator herkent wanneer je een kamer binnen komt

Je kunt in huis meerdere Room Locators plaatsen, maar voor elke kamer moet één apparaatje aanwezig zijn. Het enige wat je naast de Room Locator en de Devices-app op de iPhone nodig hebt, zijn geschikte HomeKit-apparaten. Elk accessoire dat werkt met Apple’s HomeKit, werkt ook samen met de Room Locator. Je kunt hem dus gebruiken in combinatie met de Philips Hue-lampen of de Elgato Eve-sensoren en schakelaars.

Devices-app voor HomeKit met apparaten Devices-app voor HomeKit met kamerindeling

De Devices-app is bovendien een handige app om je HomeKit-apparaten mee te bedienen. De app heeft een Apple Watch-versie die prettig werkt in combinatie met grote icoontjes en veel aanpassingsopties. De Room Locator is onder andere verkrijgbaar bij Amazon voor €25. De Devices-app is gratis te downloaden en te gebruiken, maar heeft wel een optionele in-app aankoop om meer triggers toe te voegen.

Made with google translate:

Room Locator activates HomeKit devices as soon as you enter a room

AUGUST 3 2016, 15:30 · BENJAMIN Kuijten

NEWS ACCESSORIES APPS 0

Room Locator for the iPhone Devices app.

You can HomeKit devices or Philips Hue lights set to automatically go on when you get home. Thereby make use of geolocation: the iPhone will see whether you are near your home and ensures that activates certain scenes. Want to arrange a room that some devices go, there is now room Locator. That shows when you enter a certain room. Devices with associated app (link) is possible.

Room Locator see if you enter a room

Cream Locator is a small device equipped with Bluetooth. It does not work with a motion sensor. This accessory can measure using the Bluetooth signal or you enter a room or leave. Devices using the app, you can for example lights, thermostat or fan can automatically let you go on or off. This can additionally also on the basis of rules, for example, only after a certain time or after sunset.

Room Locator recognizes when you enter a room.

You can load multiple home Room Locators, but for each room must be present one device. All you need on the iPhone next to the room and Devices Locator app, suitable HomeKit devices. Any accessory that works with Apple's HomeKit also works with the Room Locator. So you can use it in combination with the Philips Hue lights or Elgato Eve sensors and switches.

Devices app HomeKit devices. Devices app HomeKit with room layout.

Devices The app is a handy app to operate with your HomeKit devices. The app has an Apple Watch version that works nicely in conjunction with large icons and lots of customization options. Cream Locator is also available at Amazon for € 25. Devices The app is free to download and use, but has an optional in-app purchase to add more triggers.

Comments

• This would be really cool to have with Homey so that it knows in which room you (your phone/fitbit) are and start flows/stuff automatically... would be cool! (and these seem to be affordable)
  • They could add this feature to homey!
    Create their own "mini"-homey beacons, and update their app. Then some flowcards for when you enter the room :smiley: 

• So you guys (or wife/kids/dog/...) have your phone on you 100% of the time?
    Otherwise this is pretty useless...
  • Fire69 said:
    So you guys (or wife/kids/dog/...) have your phone on you 100% of the time?
    99%  :|
  • 0burner0 said:
    Fire69 said:
    So you guys (or wife/kids/dog/...) have your phone on you 100% of the time?
    99%  :|
    Your kids (if you have any yet :blush: ) too?
    Because if you make flows that depend on this for your entire family, that might not work.
  • That's why I also want to be able to switch my lights on and off without the use of my phone, voice etc but just with an ordinary switch on the wall.
  • Same here.  That's why I removed most of my Hue lights recently.  Don't want to stick remotes to my walls or use my phone to turn on the lights.
  • RobinVanKekemRobinVanKekem Member
    edited August 2016
    Yes, you'll have to stick remotes somewhere AND remove the original ones because have te switched on all the time or else the device goes offline. I don't like it that way.
    Which will work just fine for a light on it's own feet (staande lamp) and little lights on, for instance, next to the TV and other cabinets.
  • Fire69 said:
    Same here.  That's why I removed most of my Hue lights recently.  Don't want to stick remotes to my walls or use my phone to turn on the lights.
    http://www.klikaanklikuit.nl/shop/nl/producten/dubbele-wandschakelaar-awst-8802/
  • https://www.robbshop.nl/z-wave-me-inbouwschakelaar-busch-jaeger-duro-2000
    It's a replacement of the switch but requires the null (blue) wire to be there (which won't be there most of the time unless there is a powersupply (stopcontact) .
    That won't be a problem in most situations as the blue wire is there in the central electrical box in the ceiling which will go to the light bulb.
    And it's in the right color/series as my house is full of Bush-Jaeger Duro 2000 series!  <3

There is even a dual load version available so you can switch 2 lights with it. I have this one in my hallway to switch the hallway light and outside the front door light.
    https://www.robbshop.nl/z-wave-schakelaar-duro-2000-met-2-uitgangen-2x1700watt-618

Single click is, in my situation, the hallway light (which is used most of the time) and double click is outside light.

It can even be used as a dimmer controller by leaving the second connection empty and associating another z-wave dimmer to it. It can control that dimmer by holding the button. It can't dim lights itself directly though.
  • In 2 weeks I get the key of my new house.
    Gone replace every switch with a fibaro dimmer/switch.

Going to make scene's, but full auto would be great :) zo i am intresteted in room locator's.
  • @0burner0 ;
    Why not the devices in my previous post, if I may ask?
  • @annevanrossum, how is the Crownstone doing on localisation?  Only waiting for the Homey BLE API/libray to integrate it?
  • Fire69 said:
    Same here.  That's why I removed most of my Hue lights recently.  Don't want to stick remotes to my walls or use my phone to turn on the lights.
    http://www.klikaanklikuit.nl/shop/nl/producten/dubbele-wandschakelaar-awst-8802/

;) 

I still have Hues, but only the color, I use those as mood lighting, no switch necessary, they turn on automatically at sunset  :)
  • @0burner0 ;
    No specifik reason. Think i'm gona use Fibaro with a Jung puls switch.
    Why did you choose for z-wave me?
  • @0burner0 take a look at
    Http://crownstone.rocks .  They have Bluetooth wall plugs (also built -ins) 
    with Room-level presence detection. 
    I read on slack that they have bought a homey.  
  • 0burner0 said:
    @0burner0 ;
    These are the only ones that have the Busch-Jaeger Duro 2000 front plates on them.
    Since my whole house is based on that series of front plates...
  • 0burner0 said:
    @0burner0 ;
    These are the only ones that have the Busch-Jaeger Duro 2000 front plates on them.
    If you use the Fibaro module you can use any type if plates. You could use your original BJ plates then. 
  • Fire69 said:
    0burner0 said:
    @0burner0 ;
    If you use the Fibaro module you can use any type if plates. You could use your original BJ plates then. 
    But I couldn't find that if the Z-Wave network or controller is down, the light is still working and operated by the Fibaro.
    Plus I don't know if the box (electra doos) is deep enough.
  • It still works without controller. 
    Can't help you with the box  :p
  • Lol, thanks for the clarification!
  • Just baked this beacons http://www.ruu.vi maybe is somehow usable with homey :-)
  • VonkenboerVonkenboer Member
    edited August 2016
    Fire69 said:
    0burner0 said:
    @0burner0 ;
    But I couldn't find that if the Z-Wave network or controller is down, the light is still working and operated by the Fibaro.
    Plus I don't know if the box (electra doos) is deep enough.
    Just a suggestion, built a Fibaro dimmer or switch module into the luminaire (armatuur) or the central distribution box (centraaldoos). It's easier to wire. Connect the switch/lamp wire (in the Netherlands, the black wire) on the s1 connection. Now you can use your standard wall-switch and control the light by a controller. When the controller is down, you can still control it with the normal wall-switch.

Examples: https://www.robbshop.nl/over-z-wave/z-wave-projecten/z-wave-hotelschakeling

• And then the Fibaro will also update the state to the controller (Homey) when using the physical buttons?
  • @RobinVanKekem ;
    yes it does trigger an update to homey when switching with S1 (at least with my dual relay switch)
    S2 would be better because of a bug at the moment, but it works anyways
  • @caseda ;
    When switching with S1 or the physical buttons or S1?
  • The physical button will be connected on S1 (input),
    which will switch Q1 (output), where you will attach the lamp. (you will need power on L and IN)

if you toggle the physical switch -> S1 (in default settings) it will switch Q1 on,
    if you then switch Q1/S1 in homey, it will switch Q1 off

And it will toggle Q1 in any other scenario
    (like switching it off with homey (while physical switch is still on) and then turn off the physical switch, which will toggle Q1 on again)
  • Ah, thanks @caseda ;
  • sooo anyone who got a room locator? :) and is this on the plans somewhere?
  • Unfortunately Homey is still on the long term roadmap.. These seem really cool with a wearable wristband.

You can vote on the roadmap, if enough people vote they might begin with integration sooner...
    https://trello.com/b/6rUcIt62/crownstone-transparent-product-roadmap