This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

can't pair klikaanklikuit AMST-606 door\windows contact

Hello,

I've got two new AMST-606 door\windows contact but my homey doesn't see them,  what am I doing wrong? Homey doesn't need a klikaanklikuit router is it?

Kind regards,
Johan

Comments

• casedacaseda Member
    What is the distance of the Sensor's and your homey?
    Have you tried restarting your homey by pulling the power plug? (keep it off the power for a few seconds, 10 at minimum) 

You will not need any other devices with your homey for kaku 
  • NewTonNewTon Member
    I can pair AMST-606 but homey doesn't see any on or off signal.
    Homey 0.8.39 and kaku 2.0.2.

Ton 
  • casedacaseda Member
    @NewTon ;Kaku has been updated to 2.0.4 maybe it is fixed, I cannot test it myself right now, but the problem was known. 
  • I restarted my home (waited 20 seconds), but still I've got this problem, I've got Home 0.8.39 also. What I did is the following, removed the plastic (for the battery), tried to add the AMST-606 by choosing kiku --> AMST-606 and hold the pieces together and moved them away from each other, that's the only thing I need to do, is it? I'm about 2 meters from my Homey.
  • Also have pairing trouble with 2 in wall behind switch switches. Homey does not see the paring signal but comes with a test page to test and flip the switch . No response offcourse
  • casedacaseda Member
    To see if you had everything right:

Battery is in it correctly?

Are you holding it the right way next to each other? (the arrows need to point at each other, or as shown in the animation the slids opposite of each other)

If you listen closely when putting them together are you hearing a small click? Of the internal switch. 
  • NewTonNewTon Member
    caseda said:
    @NewTon ;Kaku has been updated to 2.0.4 maybe it is fixed, I cannot test it myself right now, but the problem was known. 
    @caseda I'm sorry, even after re-paring and restarting Homey, the on/off signals of the AMST-606 ar not detected. I have 2.0.5.
  • NewTonNewTon Member
    @caseda ; I paired an ACD-XXX. KAKU 2.0.5 thinks it is a dimmer. It is a slide instead of a toggle and the plug does not switch at all. Please, check and double check before you release a new version. I know from own experience that changes are the cause of very many flaws.
  • casedacaseda Member
    @NewTon be careful there, I am not an athom employee ;) 

But still, then it will most likely be fixed in near future updates, they updated the app a lot since yesterday. 
    (I did say it might be fixed) 

And acd-300 (an acd-***) is a dimmer. So that's so probably something for them to reconsider with the devices page
  • BumbleBumble Member
    caseda said:
    To see if you had everything right:

Battery is in it correctly?

Are you holding it the right way next to each other? (the arrows need to point at each other, or as shown in the animation the slids opposite of each other)

If you listen closely when putting them together are you hearing a small click? Of the internal switch. 
    Same problem.. The pairing is going allright, then I can test it.. it doesn't work. Implemented in in a flow, doesn't work..
    I do hear a small click when putting them together and of eachother, so the sensors work.
    Going to pull the plug on Homey now.. And if that isn't the solution, I'll wait for an update.
  • casedacaseda Member
    @Bumble ;
    Those tips were for the not pairable contact Sensors of the OP. 

The not sensing of the contact sensor is a (another) bug. 
    You could try to pair the contact sensor as a wall switch/motion sensor, will look weird in flow, and you will have to re-pair it when it is fixed (and you want it to be a contact sensor inside homey).
    But it should work then.

Or wait for the fix to arrive, which should come pretty soon (day(s), not weeks)
  • NewTonNewTon Member
    caseda said:
    @NewTon be careful there, I am not an athom employee ;) 

But still, then it will most likely be fixed in near future updates, they updated the app a lot since yesterday. 
    (I did say it might be fixed) 

And acd-300 (an acd-***) is a dimmer. So that's so probably something for them to reconsider with the devices page
    • @caseda ; OK, I will be careful. I paired the ACD-1000 as an AC-XXX and it works again. 
  • BumbleBumble Member
    caseda said:
    @Bumble ;
    Those tips were for the not pairable contact Sensors of the OP. 

The not sensing of the contact sensor is a (another) bug. 
    You could try to pair the contact sensor as a wall switch/motion sensor, will look weird in flow, and you will have to re-pair it when it is fixed (and you want it to be a contact sensor inside homey).
    But it should work then.

Or wait for the fix to arrive, which should come pretty soon (day(s), not weeks)
    Do you have an article number. I paired it like 2 motionsensors and one wall switch.. Both don't work..:(
  • casedacaseda Member
    Then there must be something else wrong with the contact Sensors to homey, as if the signal is different for the contact sensor, then a motion sensor/wall switch (apir-2150 worked well with the motion sensor itself)

@Emile ?
  • BumbleBumble Member
    I hope it'll be fixed soon.. My Hue lights can't pair, these Kaku sensors won't work.
    The cheapest remote switches from the Action, that's the only thing that works right now. Ironic...

P.s.: Is there a list (PDF) available with all the build in speech triggers (like: what's the weather. set a timer enz)
  • one of the AMST-606 door\windows contact works, so I return the other one to the shop. Thank you all for youre support.
  • BumbleBumble Member
    So that suggests that it isn't a software problem. I'm going to buy another AMST-606 sensor today and test it. Sounds a bit crazy when our stores are filled with broken sensors...
  • I have 4 of the 606.
    3 of them working (paired with the old kaku app)
    1 of them not working (paired with the latest kaku app yesterday)
    The one not working with homey is switching a kaku socket directly just fine and works with Homewizard.
    I am on old homey firmware.
  • Ow, the 1 not working atm was just working fine with homey until I deleted it and paired it again.
  • casedacaseda Member
    So a new update was there for kaku (2.0.6) maybe its fixed now?
    Too bad still can't test it myself right now
  • Gonna try!
  • RocodamelsheRocodamelshe Member
    edited July 2016
    @caseda With the new 2.0.6 the 1 that was not working is working again, cheers.
    Did not re-pair it, just did the install of the new kaku app.
    The other 3 are also still working.
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited July 2016
    Bumble said:
    P.s.: Is there a list (PDF) available with all the build in speech triggers (like: what's the weather. set a timer enz)
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/1158/built-in-homey-voice-command

This does not contain any voice commands build into apps though, they should have them inside their description
  • BumbleBumble Member
    Yes!!
    I have my second one working, bought today after my post!.
    Going to check on the first one, bought yesterday.
  • BumbleBumble Member
    second one works too! Happy, now waiting for an update on the Philips Hue app and everything I have now works. Even the speech recognition is far more than expected!

Going to check the list, because there must be much more that homey knows allready
  • NewTonNewTon Member
    I have all 3 AMST-606 door/windows sensors working.
This discussion has been closed.