This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[BETA Release] HomeyDash a Dashboard app for homey

Comments

• swttt said:
    Beta got aproved in the appstore! :smile: People who would like to try, do remember all your settings get purged when upgrading!

It still says 0.0.5 in the appstore..? So wich version has been aproved exactly? :)
  • swtttswttt Member
    @powermarcel10
    You should be able to click on "Go to Beta" or something similair :)

• swttt said:
    @powermarcel10
    You should be able to click on "Go to Beta" or something similair :)

Thanks but I have that allready as you can see here: Right?

• I love the work that has already been done with homey dash. But I would like to know if it is possible for homeydash to let a tablet open a wifi connection once in a while ( every 10 minutes?). Currently when want to use it in the morning I have to wait for the tablet to get an active wifi connection again. 

Unfortunately I can't hook the tablet to a socket and letting wifi on always drains the battery to much. 
  • Is it possible to add a option to take over the icon from the original device in Homey? For example the Virtual Devices have some icons, and I want to use the same icons in Homey Dash, not the icons that are already in Homey Dash.
  • swtttswttt Member
    I might be able to build that into some future version. For now the only way to make that possible is to clone the github version. Download and copy the apropiate icon to the right folder. Edit the setup.json with the right icon filename. Then install it on your homey and you have access to all the icons.
  • swtttswttt Member
    @jjtbsomhorst
    Depending on what kind of tablet you might be able to achieve this using a 3rd party app.
    The problem with opening a wifi connection every X minutes, is that the websockets get disconnected and your devices won't update.
  • RuudvBRuudvB Member
    @swttt
    My compliments! Really great work.
    I just installed the new beta and added buienradar and my carport video cam. Just amazing  <3

Please keep up this great work, looking forward to the next update.
  • @swttt where can I find information on making widgets for your dash? I'm currently working on a tv guide app for homey and adding a guide widget to your dash would be a great addition I guess. 
  • swtttswttt Member
    @jjtbsomhorst
    You could contact me on Slack for that.
    I never wrote a good how to (and will do soon for a new(er) version), but it ain't that hard :)

Every widget has it's own html file and it's own service. The service connects to your TV Guide api (no other way, so you need to enable that in your app) and the html displays the data. Then the only thing that needs to be done is the widget wizard :smile:
  • Is there a reason that icons on a push-button do resize when making the widget bigger and icons on a on/off button do not resize?
  • swtttswttt Member
    edited May 2017
    @keverjeroen
    Resizing for the On/Off is important for the text to be readable, if the icon should resize as well it takes more space.
    On the button the text is below the icon.

For on/off the whole card should be clickable tho...
  • RuudvBRuudvB Member
    After my first successes I ran into an issue.

My camera is a Dahua DH-SD22204T-GN-W where this string does the job: http://admin:pw***@192.168.1.38/cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi?1

This works fine in Chrome, but unfortunately not on android (chrome). Not on my phone nor on tablet. I tried to end the string with the &t=10 parameter, but that does not work either..

Suggestions are welcome :)
  • Fantastic app! Very happy with it. Installed the beta and is working great. One problem though: when i add a virtual device button for a group of lamps they all go on, but off doesn't work. They are all Philips Hue lamps. I am on 1.3.0-rc.7 and HomeyDash Beta v0.0.19. One lamp on and off is working fine.
  • swtttswttt Member
    @arno1965
    and it is working when switching the device directly in the homey UI? Because it sounds like you didn't setup the flows correctly..
  • swttt said:
    @arno1965
    and it is working when switching the device directly in the homey UI? Because it sounds like you didn't setup the flows correctly..
    You are right. It doesn't work in the homey app. What did i do wrong?
  • swtttswttt Member
    @arno1965
    Well, the easiest way is to create a flow for turning the lights on and another one for off. Not sure what app you used for the virtual device, but i still use better logic for that. So if device is turned on -> switch lights on and another flow for the off part. Might not be the best solution tho, for example in 1.3.0 you maybe could use the ELSE part in the flows. IF device state changed -> one of the lights is on -> turn all off ELSE turn all on
  • arno1965arno1965 Member
    edited May 2017
    arno1965 said:
    swttt said:
    @arno1965
    You are right. It doesn't work in the homey app. What did i do wrongswttt said:
    @arno1965
    Well, the easiest way is to create a flow for turning the lights on and another one for off. Not sure what app you used for the virtual device, but i still use better logic for that. So if device is turned on -> switch lights on and another flow for the off part. Might not be the best solution tho, for example in 1.3.0 you maybe could use the ELSE part in the flows. IF device state changed -> one of the lights is on -> turn all off ELSE turn all on
    Ok, but why is one lamp working on and off? Now there is a group "virtuele apparaten". On is working fine. Off isn't. I mean "off" clicking on the same button in Dash.. Do i have to make a separate button for off? 
  • swtttswttt Member
    What app do you use for virtual devices?

• swtttswttt Member
    Huhm...havent tested that app myself. So not sure how it works, maybe ask in their forum topic <span>:smile:</span>
    Sorry i cant help you further :/
  • Thnx. What app should i use ?
  • Or better. What app do you advice?
  • JulianJulian Member
    I think what most of us use is the Better Logic app and make a button (either on/off or trigger) under the settings page of BL which you can add as a device. Then you can link an action when that 'device' is triggered. 

On is working fine. Off isn't. I mean "off" clicking on the same button in Dash.. >> I do not know your setup but I think this button can only be used for one action, so yeah you need to have seperate buttons. What I personally did that I created e.g. two BL booleans for lights on and lights off and grouped my individual lights in that flow. So I can link all sorts of triggers to that boolean, so either by a button in HomeyDash, on my phone, by speech, by IFTTT etc. And if I want to change something in my lights I only need to do it in one place. Just my 2 cts.
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    I use a virtual device (lamp) to switch my real light. I added it to Homey-dash and indeed at first it only worked once. But i noticed like with all other devices I added I had to refresh the dash-page once and after that it works like expected. Using it with a kaku-switch. @arno1965 Did you try a refresh of the page?
  • @bvdbos I did refresh the page, but the switches only work with one lamp. So the virtual switch connected to two lamps (via a flow) doesn't work. Thought it was a homeydash problem,  but it isn't. I'll ask the maker of that app or i will try the better logic app. Thnx @swttt, @Julian and @bvdbos !
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    Works for me switching two KaKu lights, two LIFX-lights and my stereo so no issue with Dash or Virtual Devices or the combination of these. Are you sure nothing is wrong in your flow?
  • Am I right that the video widget just updates a static snapshot continuesly instead of showing an actual video stream? My camera wont allow too much simultaneous connections and it seems the widget is ddosing the camera causing it to return a 509 error (maximum number of clients reached).

If this is indeed the way it works, is there anyway to configure the refresh rate so connections can close before opening new ones.
  • swtttswttt Member
    @Phuturist
    It's kinda hard indeed to display video at all in html5. There are 2 options, de HTML5 Video api (mp4 etc. but different per browser) or the other one (not sure how i named it). The last one just refreshes the image link it expects every 1 (or i might even have set it to 2) second. For now i didn't added an option to chose refresh rates or FPS, since this is something you would want to store per device and not in global settings.