This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

OTA Updates for Fibaro and other devices?

Is there a way, maybe in the future, where devices can be updated Over The Air?

Fibaro implemented this in its new firmware of the HC2 (4.090). It would be nice to have this updates also for Homey!

Comments

• A bit of an old thread but here is the reply I received from Fibaro on this:

Thank you for your question. According to the info I’ve received from or technical support please be informed that OTA (Over The Air Update) is a quiet new function introduced with Z-Wave Plus and ZW500 chip version and from strictly technical point of view it is working well. Nonetheless it is up to gate provider to implement packages of update data for each of devices. Looking realistically not to many gate producers are giving the option to make OTA update of 3rd party devices connected to it and that issue is connected with some security reasons. I want to ensure you that we are working right now wit more then 30 gate providers on market to give an option to update our devices with use of other brands gateways.