This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Window/door sensors only used for triggers?

JeroenvanoJeroenvano Member
edited July 2016 in Questions & Help

Hi all,

I wanted to create a flow when it starts raining and some of the windows are still open

Flow scenario: Have homey say something when it starts raining (trigger) and the windows are still open at the attic + send a push message.

Now it seems that most door/window sensors can be used as triggers but do not support the “AND” part in the flow.

I am using 2 Sensative strips (zwave) at the windows that only allow to be used as triggers and do not support the “AND” column in the flow e.g. “contact alarm is on/off” (window/door is open/closed).

@RamonBaas same for the Powermax window/door sensors, these only support to be used as triggers. Also the movement sensors only allow to be used as a trigger and do not support the “AND” column e.g. “movement was detected”.

I was able to make a workaround but it is not the correct trigger as “starting to rain” (only once triggered) would be the correct trigger to use. In the workaround I had to make a “time pause” for homey not constantly repeating. As in below flow the window keeps triggering until it is closed or it stops raining. The countdown timer is creating a pause.

QUESTION: Is this device or technology depended or is it a general homey setting to have this enabled?

For example my KAKU movement sensors does support “movement was detected” in the AND column.  

Comments

• I dont think your flow works.

You better make a 3 flows.

Contact gaat aan   THEN (logic card) zolderraam rechts open

Contact gaat uit   THEN (logic card) zolderraam rechts dicht

Als het binnen 15 minuten gaat regenen  AND (logic card) zolderraam rechts open THEN Send Push and Say
  • jovinkjovink Member
    It would be great if you can ask homey of there are any windows open. 
  • Thanks @0burner0 ;for your advise for plan-B, I will correct and create 3 flows.

But still my opinion is that this should work with one simple flow if homey wants to have more non-geeks as customers. 

1Flow:
    Trigger: It starts raining (buienradar)
    AND: window/door is open or contact alarm is active
    Then: say something + push message

• jovink said:
    It would be great if you can ask homey of there are any windows open. 
    Create the 3 flows and create 2 more.

If: Oke homey is some thing open AND (logic card) zolderraam rechts open THEN say: Yes het zolderraam is open.

If: Oke homey is some thing open AND (logic card) zolderraam rechts dicht THEN say: No nothing.
  • jovinkjovink Member
    Thnx @0burner0 I'll try that 
  • Thanks @0burner0 ;for your advise for plan-B, I will correct and create 3 flows.

But still my opinion is that this should work with one simple flow if homey wants to have more non-geeks as customers. 

1Flow:
    Trigger: It starts raining (buienradar)
    AND: window/door is open or contact alarm is active
    Then: say something + push message

Agreed. Big chance this will come either with better Zwave or with better flow functionality (both coming in the next month I believe).
  • Agreed @KoenMartens ;

I am not against more advanced flows using logic cards but the simpler the better as it would help adoption into a wider potential consumer market.