This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Homey says funny things

Got my Homey a couple of weeks ago and I've been experimenting with it since.
I find it a bit difficult to learn how to use / set up Homey properly. Is there a manual or something yet?

Anyway, to the point:
Sometimes Homey responds really funny. For instance:

I have a flow called "Testflow". In it, as soon as Homey hears the words "doe de test", it is supposed to say "test gedaan".

When I click on the "Test"-button, Homey only says "Test gedaan", as expected. But when I say the words "doe de test", Homey says "Maar ik wist helemaal niet dat ik vandaag een test had. Ben ik geslaagd? Test gedaan."
or "Test begint. Test gedaan. Je kunt er weer een jaartje tegen aan."
There are no other flows with the words "test" in it.

How is this possible? And, as funny as it may be, how do I get rid of it?

Comments

• My guess is they are built in triggers for voice.
    If so, you currently can't disable them.
  • Try..... Okay Homey, je bent een sukkel 
  • jordenjorden Member
    Try homey I hate you, or I love you
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    'test' is a build-in command. can't use that word in a flow. 
  • Or ask "Ok Homey, what is the answer to life?"
  • SjoerdSjoerd Member
    LOL

I guess developing Homey must have been a lot of fun :smile: 
  • perhaps its an idea that if you are making a card in a flow, the tekst turn in red if its a build in command..  @Emile ;
    @everyone ;
  • Some time ago I opened a thread for funny remarks, when searching for that one I came here, and as it is from a recent time, will add my latest one here. Fired up Homey after a long time, as two nices were here and asked about homey. Updated and they played with it. One asked 'Ok Homey, wil je met me trouwen?"  (Will you mary me?) It asnwered "De enige ring die ik ooit zal dragen is mijn led-ring." (The only ring I will ever wear is my led ring.)
    Anyway when they were playing, remembering I had a flow to turn certain lights on and of that never worked outside the test button, the asked to turn that light on, and for the first time ever, Homey switched that light (Kaku) on by a voice command. Exitement all over....