This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Better precense status (Phone based, Android - IOS (iPhone)- Windows)

0burner00burner0 Member
edited June 2016 in Ideas & Suggestions
Better precense status

First install IFTTT: from the homey appstore

then

Follow the tutorial video 

Then make a recipe what looks like this:
(I made a a second ifttt account for the second user but use the same webhook link)

Now make the next flows:

And as a example flow:

Comments

• Great example although it would be better if geofencing was implemeted in the IOS app 
  • ReflowReflow Member
    posthok said:
    Great example although it would be better if geofencing was implemeted in the IOS app 
    Agree and waiting for that one :)
  • Any idea for a usable Windows App? 
    I have a windows Phone and want to use it to let Homey know that I am home.
    Automatically...
    Maybe Waze kan help? But I have no Idea how to get the ETA out of the mail, or are there othe option in combination with IFTTT? I have set it up, but the app's that can be used are... not Windows capble.
    And no I don't have money for a Iphone :) :wink: 

• There is nog IFTTT windows app?
    Buy a iphone 4 ;)

• 0burner0 said:
    There is nog IFTTT windows app?
    Buy a iphone 4 ;)

Thnx for the reply and the suggestion. Are there any other ideas?
  • no one?

• swtttswttt Member

no one?

Use Mosquitto in combination with something like OwnTracks. (if OwnTracks is available on Windows mobile, maybe there is another mqtt gps client)
  • thnx, thats a new world for me. I'll have a look!
  • MartijnMartijn Member
    edited July 2016
    Can someone tell me (help me) why my IFTTT recipe not even run once? I created all the requirements explained by 0burner0. It looks like the geo-fence is not triggered by my phone, but I paired it (channel) it correctly.

Tested geo-fencing successful after I walked I 50 meters outside the geo-fence.. It worked like a charm... 
  • Is it possible to connect glymps to iftt?
  • I looked for you @ www.ifttt.com but couldnt find any recipe with Glymps. So dont think so.
  • jovinkjovink Member
    @0burner0 Why do you use "zet een variable" and not the "aanwezigheid" on a flow?
  • My problem is that I don't know how to let homey (automatically) know that I am home. Or anywhere else. I have a Windows phone...
  • MartijnMartijn Member
    edited July 2016
    My problem is that I don't know how to let homey (automatically) know that I am home. Or anywhere else. I have a Windows phone...
    I had the same question... And solved it by using IFTTT, don't know if Windows phones are supported? 
    IFTTT is battery friendly, because it is using GSM, WiFi and GPS in combination to detect your location. All other GPS solutions I tested were very very VERY battery unfriendly..
  • jovink said:
    @0burner0 Why do you use "zet een variable" and not the "aanwezigheid" on a flow?
    Sorry dont understand your question.
  • jovinkjovink Member
    Sorry;). @0burner0 ;
    On the flow above you use "zet variable" instead the standard "aanwezigheid" to set if someone is home or not. 
    But why do you do that? 
    Do you understand it now ;) 
  • jovink said:
    Sorry;). @0burner0 ;
    On the flow above you use "zet variable" instead the standard "aanwezigheid" to set if someone is home or not. 
    But why do you do that? 
    Do you understand it now ;) 
    Sorry still dont understund what your asking. I use this flows because the homey app for IOS can not detect your precence (jet).  Now I can use precense status and make flows for it.

Is use a variable because IFTTT can not let homey know by it self if some one is home.
    (stel je vraag anders even in het Nederlands en welk gedeelte je exact niet begrijpt)
  • jovinkjovink Member
    Dat is makkelijker ja,
    Ik vroeg me af waarom je "logica" gebruikt om iemand op aanwezig\afwezig inplaats van "aanwezigheid" te gebruiken.
    Met "aanwezigheid" kan je meteen de juiste gebruiker op aan\afwezig zetten. 

• Aanwezigheid is gemaakt aan de hand van de homey-app (Android en later IOS). 
    Op dit moment werkt dat nog niet vlekkeloos. Als je daarom bovenstaande flow maakt heb je een logica kaart die de juiste status aan geeft.

Zie de laatste voorbeeld flow hoe je de logica kaart kan gebruiken.

Het is niet mogelijk om de ingebouwde aanwezigheid aan te passen anders dan via de android app.
    Vandaar deze keuze. 
  • As far as I know is the feature @jovink means already available a long time ago. I've got my Homey in april, an a couple of weeks later it was already working. See my "make no sense" screenshot.

• swttt said:

no one?

Use Mosquitto in combination with something like OwnTracks. (if OwnTracks is available on Windows mobile, maybe there is another mqtt gps client)
    That is interesting. Did you install that and use your own server? 
    That is what I would like to do.