This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

How to set reminder/alarm in a flow

Im missing something and can't figure it out. I'm able to use reminders and alarm in the tigger of a flow.
but how to set them? I can't drag them into the THEN clause of the flow.
Any tips?

Comments

• Yes, how to set this. I don't know....

Any tips..... anybody ???

• JPeJPe Member
    Also unclear for me:
    Does somebody know how the "Alarm Cock"  and/or the  "Reminder" funtions in the FlowEditor can be used?
    Please give an example on how they can be sett.
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    Yes, alarms are built-in, you can set them by voice. Don't know if anyone tried these already.
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/17515/#Comment_17515
  • mglatmglat Member
    I will definitely try this out, but is not what I'm looking for. I want to create countdown timers. Something like,
    when movement in bathroom than set timer for 30min.
    when timer expires and no movement than switch off light
  • @mglat ; motion is on then light is on

below the on command light of with timer 30 min you can select it with the small stopwatch symbol in the flowcard of your device
  • mglatmglat Member
    Good suggestions. Thx.
    wondering if it will reset the stopwatch after a new motion (and killing the old one).  I will test it.
  • Webster said:
    @mglat ; motion is on then light is on

below the on command light of with timer 30 min you can select it with the small stopwatch symbol in the flowcard of your device
    My guess is the light WILL go off after 30 min, movement or not.
  • aloftaloft Member
    mglat said:
    Good suggestions. Thx.
    wondering if it will reset the stopwatch after a new motion (and killing the old one).  I will test it.
    If you use the CountDown app and you set the timer on motion, it will re-set the counter with movement. So e.g. you set the Countdown timer on 5 minutes. If there is new movement after 3 minutes which triggers your flow, it will be re-set to 5 minutes. In that way, only after 5 minutes of no movement; the CountDown counter will become zero. 

The small stopwatch in the flowcard of the device will not be reset with new movement, that timer will continue to run (and thus shut off your light after the initial 5 minutes, even if there is movement in between).  That's a main reason for the CountDown app to exist.

• mglatmglat Member
    Thanks for that clarification. At them moment I find homey not stable enough, so I'm not going to introduce apps that could make it worse 
  • mglat said:
    Thanks for that clarification. At them moment I find homey not stable enough, so I'm not going to introduce apps that could make it worse 
    So then what was your question for?
  • mglatmglat Member
    Hi Koen, Learning and to know how to solve the issue. It was my attention to fix it right away, but I installed all the zwave switches and dimmers last weekend and notice that homey is not coping well at the moment. So I have to hold my horses for now.