This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

When to expect major update?

edited June 2016 in Questions & Help
Hi,

I am wondering when we get a serious/major update that improves the speech recognition as this is for me the most important. Currently this is not working which makes my homey not very useful.  In the meantime my wife and kids ignore homey completely  and I am trying to defend it and saying, wait it take some time but it will be great...

Any news backing me up would be great...

Also stability improvement would be great, currently I have a very simple flow to test the homey. It gets dark, the sensor of KAKU detects this and switch on the lights (KAKU) and a few hours later it switch it off. This is day the same. But unfortunately it is not working every day the same. Sometimes no lights goes on, sometimes all but are not going off. Sometimes a few lights goes on. So it varies a lot. By rebooting homey it works mostly correctly for a few days... (maybe an auto reboot function :-))

anyhow, I really hope that you put all the programming effort on speech-recognition and stability. New things are nice but not now as I would like to make a flow that simulates my daily ritme when I am on holiday. But homey is unable to do this...

Good programming times!!

Marcel

Comments

• shardphoenixshardphoenix Member
    edited June 2016
    Moved to proper topic.

• Menno said:
    Yes, have seen this but this is just a Friday release with some bugs fixed.
  • A 'mayor' works for your municipality. 
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    Hi,

I am wondering when we get a serious/major update that improves the speech recognition as this is for me the most important. Currently this is not working which makes my homey not very useful.  In the meantime my wife and kids ignore homey completely  and I am trying to defend it and saying, wait it take some time but it will be great...

Any news backing me up would be great...

Also stability improvement would be great, currently I have a very simple flow to test the homey. It gets dark, the sensor of KAKU detects this and switch on the lights (KAKU) and a few hours later it switch it off. This is day the same. But unfortunately it is not working every day the same. Sometimes no lights goes on, sometimes all but are not going off. Sometimes a few lights goes on. So it varies a lot. By rebooting homey it works mostly correctly for a few days... (maybe an auto reboot function :-))

anyhow, I really hope that you put all the programming effort on speech-recognition and stability. New things are nice but not now as I would like to make a flow that simulates my daily ritme when I am on holiday. But homey is unable to do this...

Good programming times!!

Marcel
    "Just a Friday release" which makes things more stable -> exactly as you asked

As for speech, everybody has it's own important issues, for a lot of people speech works great. There's almost a 100% succes-rate when speeking through the phone-app. As for Homey's mic, that's working for me too if there's not too much background noise. Quite some people want i.e. a more stable zwave while I'd like better 433 support.

As for rebooting every day: https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/21223/#Comment_21223
  • Well. I haven't the idear that its improving. Maybe for a few people but certainly not for me. And my success rate for voice is around 5%. I don't want to get the phone to switch lights on. 
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    @MarcelTimmermans : did you check what Homey is understanding through http://<ip>/manager/speech-input/ ?

• Yes, and most of the time he recognize something else. Unless complete silence in the room and 1 meter distance. 
  • Yes, and most of the time he recognize something else. Unless complete silence in the room and 1 meter distance. 
    makes me wonder if there is something wrong with your Homey. Even my gf has a high succes rate just tested in a silent room and with some music on. 
  • Same here. I have 4 flows with TV on and off, radio on and off.
    Works most of the time, even with the radio on (obviously).
    The BuienRadar questions like: "is it going to rain" and "do I need an umbrella" work most of the time.
    Even from a few meters away!
    I'm pretty happy about it, I must say.
  • Mmh, that is certainly not working for me. I have the feeling it is dependent on your voice and your home (if this is acoustic perfect or not