This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Homey v0.8.36

2»

Comments

• fiekfiek Member
    MarcoF said:
    IR sucks balls. 

To all;
    Please check all IR holes to see if the all are open and(!) see if all IR leds are aligned right.
    Mine has 3 holes which are almost closed due to molding/drilling residues and 1 IR leds totally out of line.

Also the IR beam is very(!!) narrow so reception is very bad.

Guys please check it!! 
    I have two led's not aligned
  • Just installed it. As mentioned before, app settings pages are initially displayed twice but this can be fixed with a reboot. Locally installed apps are missing and need to be reinstalled. Installing the BetterLogic app through the app store works again with saving variables but I had to recreate them all. The one app that I now have installed locally (screensaver app) does not survive a reboot and needs to be reinstalled everytime. I hope Homey is even more stable then .35 and I dont have to reboot much.

The GUI itself  feels more swift to me and navigation between pages is quite fast now. Saving flows does indeed keep them in the folder they where placed in which is a blessing when having a lot of flows.

All in all I say it's a nice little update awaiting the zwave rewrite and notification center. Good job Athom!
  • MennoMenno Member
    @Phuturist ;
    It looks like all github apps are removed after restart
  • Yup, I had a developer version running through Athom CLI and was missing from both Insights as settings.
    All my historical weather data lost  :'(
  • im not able to put flows into folders... on 8.36 and rebooted etc.

am I doing something wrong, I just try dragging/dropping (sleur en pleur)
  • ThorarinThorarin Member
    edited June 2016
    My experiencies so far with 0.8.36:

• CPU load has gone down quite significantly, like 30% or so
    • Uploading and running a Homey app is *much* faster for me (over WiFi)
    • Connecting over USB from Windows didn't work for me at first
      { [Error: xhr post error] type: 'TransportError', description: 503 }
      It works at least some of the time, but with some disconnects and (pretty slow) reconnects.
    • I also experienced the duplicated menu items until after a reboot.
    • Haven't noticed any connected devices that stopped working after the update, but I don't have many
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    • I also experienced the duplicated menu items until after a reboot.
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/670

• Anyone has a stottering Homey after updating to 0.8.36? After updating, I've changed the language to Dutch. But Homey is stottering a lot. I'm not sure why. Some long sentences and long words are no problem at al, but some sentences (even short ones) are really a problem for him.

Example of a sentence that is always stottering:
    "Let op! De Volkswagen bus is aan het rijden!". He can't say 'bus'..

But if I try:
    "bus bus bus", he can say it without stottering.
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    till 0.8.36 my philips hue lights aren't all recordnised. only 3 light of 10 are listet. and osram lights are complete in the dark :-)

error: no light_id?

deinstall the philips hue app, reboot homey... nothing seems to work. under 0.8.32 there were all lights!
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    phil_s said:
    till 0.8.36 my philips hue lights aren't all recordnised. only 3 light of 10 are listet. and osram lights are complete in the dark :-)

error: no light_id?

deinstall the philips hue app, reboot homey... nothing seems to work. under 0.8.32 there were all lights!
    https://github.com/athombv/nl.philips.hue/issues/13
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    Thx @Fire69 i commented in this issue right now :-)
  • RonaldRonald Member
    All kaku, heu and eurodomest are running stable from the moment i installed 0.8.36
     :)   nice work Athom
  • Issues with firmware 0.8.36

Nest protect devices still not working after re-authorize. Re-Add the devices again!
    KAKU devices not working after the upgrade. Re-add the process again! 

It's always after an upgrade, that the devices (kaku and nest) not working anymore!

• Issues with firmware 0.8.36

Nest protect devices still not working after re-authorize. Re-Add the devices again!

It's always after an upgrade, that the devices (kaku and nest) not working anymore!

For the next time, try hard resetting (removing and re-entering the power cable) before re-adding. This works for me.
  • RobinRobin Member
    Issues with firmware 0.8.36

Issues with firmware 0.8.36

For the next time, try hard resetting (removing and re-entering the power cable) before re-adding. This works for me.
    I think I mentioned it earlier somewhere, but the Nest issue is caused by the fact that we still have a client restriction. This will be removed after the Nest app is tested and approved by Nest (waiting on this), for now we have a less optimal workaround in place.  I do not recommend to remove the power plug to solve this issue, restarting the app (Settings > Apps, disable and enable the Nest app) will have the same result.
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    @Robin: for Kaku a cold reboot is the only way (though I'm curious whether restarting Zwave will also restart 433 MHz as it's one controller).
  • I had the Wifi setup problem. I have to complete the setup with my telephone as accesspoint. On Github I read that it might have been fixed 0.8.35, so I installed the 0.8.36. 
    But it still does not work. I have to make initial setup trough telephone, then unplug and replug Homey. Then it connects to my Wifi network, but it is never reachable trough my.athom.com. I can not reach it with the app.
    I forwarded ports 80 and 443 and even exposed homey to the Internet trough my router, but.. so far.. not connected to Internet. Just to my wifi router.
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    @fredsky : forwarding ports is not necessary. As for the not able to connect through internet, I would contact support@athom.com.
  • srkineosrkineo Member
    edited June 2016
    I'm not sure if my issues are completly related to 0.8.36.

After having enabled and disabled the power of Homey (even before it could finish boot) a couple of times (I was installing KAKU wall outlet devices, so disabled the power), I have the following problem with all philips HUE lights (the ones that are reachable were re-added):

If I remove and re-add them, they work again (they also work from HUE Tap or the IOS app, so connection to the bridge is fine).

Any advice on how to re-auth these lights?

The thing is, they get removed from my flows if I remove and re-add them... (and it is a pain to re-create a lot of flows, I have 37 lights:P) it looks a bit like the following issue posted on GitHub:
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/674

To comment on IR, that works fine for me. I can reach my beamer easily, but then again the Homey is on a closet, up pretty high.. so they are horizontally almost aligned. Also I had no KAKU issues after FW upgrade.
  • Hi,

After updating to 0.8.36 I notice that I can't reset my Homey (.. it does not respond when I turn it upside-down and the LED ring keeps showing the rainbow effect as normal).

Anyone experienced the same?

I already rebooted Homey, reset the Z-Wave network and tried again but unfortunately without luck.
    How can I reset Homey in current situation?

Thanks for your advice and support.

Best regards,
    Mark

• bvdbosbvdbos Member
    Did you pull the plug for a couple of minutes? Actually interesting : this is the same controller as the one which does 433 MHz radio and Zwave. So resetting Zwave doesn't work for reviving this...
  • mvdkallenmvdkallen Member
    edited June 2016
    Hi @BasVanDenBosch , yes I tried this but without luck.

I know it probably did not make sense to reset the Z-wave network, but that was just one of the very few things possible to do ourselves on Homey so I thought I just give it a go... (Homey is still a controller for me to play around with, besides my Home Center 2 which is the main controller of the house).
  • @mvdkallen I had the same issue. I pulled the plug out of Homey let it rest for 30 minutes. Plugged it in, booted up and then i could hold it upside down again to reset it.
  • mvdkallenmvdkallen Member
    edited June 2016
    @cnvisser  thanks, I'll check again tonight, I didn't try longer than a minute or so.
This discussion has been closed.