This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Today I've received my Homey

StevosStevos Member
edited May 2016 in Questions & Help
Hi, 

I was so exited when my Homey finally arrived. Setting up took longer than expected but no biggie. Voice recognision is OK (as expected) Design is simplistic which makes it quite beautiful. Unboxing is just a Homey, power cable & adapter. Love it!  But... 

Some things really bugged me: For example: I can't seem to find the flow-editor in the homeyapp (am I missing something here?) All the app really does for me is amplifying my voice, but it crashes so much which makes it almost impossible to use. The flow-editor itself on a PC works great! (only minor issues not really worth mentioning)

- Then there is the presence-functionality. Are there certain permissions I have to give the app in order for it to work? (This is great for personal greetings and I'm very disappoinetd this doesn't work)
- Notifications not working (real bummer)
- Bluetooth? (I'd love to use my BT headphones/speakers)
- Media playback (I sorta got it working with the YT app but it is terrible) 
- Flows are not always executed 
- IR-functionality is poor (range and user-friendlyness)
- 433mhz wall socket set as "fan" and device is nowhere to be found in the flow (set as light instead and works fine)
- Power cable too long, so Homey tips over 

And so much more little bugs that make this device not completely ready for use. I trust the guys at Athom they will fix those bugs.

I know, I know... I could've waited longer and I've even postponed the shipping to give the guys at Athom a little bit more time but let's be fair: I've waited long enough and I had no clue on when the Homey will finally be commercially ready.
I'm not disappointed in Homey, but in the promises Athom made to their backers and pre-orderers. (Paid full price btw for the pre-order that still isn't ready. Jumped the kick starter train too late  ;)  )

Still have faith in Homey though. Hoping for better days

Comments

• bvdbosbvdbos Member
    Which is exactly as Athom said in the mail and for which you chose to have it delivered. Everything is mentioned here on the forum, just last Friday for instance: This was a great test to try out our Bluetooth LE API, which is nearing completion. As for the flow-editor in the app: there's no editor. The app isn't supposed to mimic the web-UI.
  • StevosStevos Member
    Thanks for your contribution Bas,

I guess I'll just have to wait for the updates to come. I'd really like to see the push notifications and presence detection in action.

• jvreedejvreede Member
    Hey

As I mentioned in another thread, my experience was similar to yours, but "felt" much more positive. The warning email gave me the feeling that I was clearly in for some challenges. However, overall I was impressed with the things it can ALREADY do. I think the rewrite of the Zwave code will mark a turning point after which I can rely on it much more. But until then I am having a lot of fun with the different devices. 

Minor point with big consequences: I have never had a device which can combine so many different protocols. The combination of (cheap) klik-aan-klik-uit with zwave (and in the future zigbee and Bluetooth LE) is already paying off. 

Jan-Bart