This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Z-wave status mail

0burner00burner0 Member
edited May 2016 in Archive
I want to create a flow where you can see the current levels from a zwave device. For example:

I receive this mail if I hit test.

System settings are: [[measure_battery]] [[measure_luminance]] [[measure_temperature]] 

How do i get the actuele readings?

Comments

• Tryed it also in an actueal working flow but got no measurements:

• ZperXZperX Member
    It would only send you an email when the battery level would actually change. Like from 97% to 96% (which in most cases rarely happens as the battery should last long, most HA product uses Lithium batteries). Otherwise your flow is not triggered.
  • ZperXZperX Member
    When you press the test button that ignores the trigger.
  • ZperX said:
    It would only send you an email when the battery level would actually change. Like from 97% to 96% (which in most cases rarely happens as the battery should last long, most HA product uses Lithium batteries). Otherwise your flow is not triggered.
    I thought so, so edit the flow and made the trigger Time based. Gave the same results
  • jordenjorden Member
    You can not 'access' the battery variable directly unless you make the battery level the trigger.

So:
    When: Battery level changed
    Then: Send mail with 'Level' variable.

You can also temporarily store the level in a variable using 'Better logic' so you can always access it. However, why would you want to send a mail if the battery level didn't change?
  • casedacaseda Member
    You are using tags that are not in the [IF] section, this does not work. 
    tags are only "get" when they are being "get" inside the trigger
    (so only time and date at the moment) 

If you want anything show up you will need to put them in a variable first (official logic app) and then put that variable in the body, I. E.:{{$VARIABLENAME}} 
  • jorden said:
    You can not 'access' the battery variable directly unless you make the battery level the trigger.

So:
    When: Battery level changed
    Then: Send mail with 'Level' variable.

You can also temporarily store the level in a variable using 'Better logic' so you can always access it. However, why would you want to send a mail if the battery level didn't change?
    I dont only want battery levels, but all kind of levels. Zo I can do a short system check in one email.

• caseda said:
    You are using tags that are not in the [IF] section, this does not work. 
    tags are only "get" when they are being "get" inside the trigger
    (so only time and date at the moment) 

If you want anything show up you will need to put them in a variable first (official logic app) and then put that variable in the body, I. E.:{{$VARIABLENAME}} 
    Thnx, going to study this. I was thinking to simpel :(
This discussion has been closed.