This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Fibaro Door / Windows Sensor FGK-10x

JorisJoris Member
Hi, i'm trying to setup a fibaro door/window sensor but so far its not really working. Adding the device as a sensor works, but the alarms dont really measure up/work.

Can someone share his default settings with me?

I tried report to association group: 3 and 1, with 1 it the alarm stays on. with 3 the alarm stays off.

- I tried adding the devide as a sensor (think this is the right category right?
- when I try to set any Z-Wave Associations in the device config it gives: Cannot read property 'id' of undefined
- the interval is default set to: 16777215. If i try and change it gives the same error as above.

I looked in the manual of the sensor for additional info but couldnt find any values.  

Comments

• The error you get is a bug in the firmware and should be fixed in the upcoming .35 firmware
  • Having the same issue (besides the error), homey does not show the sensor being triggered (at least within 1min which is the longest I've tested). Can't see how changing the wakeup interval would help, as the sensor should send its change of state instantly based on the proximity to the magnet.. or am I missing something?
  • JorisJoris Member
    The error you get is a bug in the firmware and should be fixed in the upcoming .35 firmware
    sorry stupid question, but do you mean the firmware of the Fibaro sensor or of homey?  didn't know I could update fibaro's firmware
  • JorisJoris Member
    Is there anyone who could post a screen of his default settings for this device?  and what group you associated with at pairing?
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited May 2016
    Have you woken up the sensor after the inclusion to homey at least once? (triple click the TMP button)
    otherwise you will have to wait for the first wakeup interval
    After that homey should receive the start and stop frames from the sensor (also: the alarm state).

Just a small side question: what Firmware version do you have of the sensor.

Default wake up should be: 4000 seconds / 66 minutes, and thus not the maximum of: 16777214 seconds / 4660 minutes / ~3 days.
    The older version (2.1-2.3) does not specify the default in the manual, maybe that is why the maximum was chosen.

And it should be included with association group 3.
  • JorisJoris Member
    caseda said:
    Have you woken up the sensor after the inclusion to homey at least once? (triple click the TMP button)
    otherwise you will have to wait for the first wakeup interval
    (default should be: 4000 seconds / 66 minutes, and thus not the maximum of: 16777214 seconds / 4660 minutes / ~3 days).
    After that homey should receive the start and stop frames from the sensor (also: the alarm state).

And it should be included with association group 3.

Edit: just a small side question: what Firmware version do you have of the sensor.
    Lol,   you sir....      :blush: :blush: :smiley:    are brilliant.        problems in life dont always need to be hard :)
  • casedacaseda Member
    Z-Wave = hard :neutral: 
    luckily i'm not the one creating the app, man that work.

but i guess that means it works now?
    then @mranderson can do the same.
  • JorisJoris Member
    Yes solved now.  Didn't know I had to wake up the thing :) 
  • blusserblusser Member
    what version of the door sensor en what firmware version of the sensor are you on?
    my door sensor is still (v0.8.35) added as a default device since the interview is not finished (issue 448)
  • @Caseda Thanks alot, it works! :D
This discussion has been closed.