This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Hoe exactly does homey work with Spotify?

124»

Comments

• T-mo-TT-mo-T Member
    edited December 2017
    What there is an app!? Completely missed that lol, will try it out..

Edit: where can I find the beta? Cannot find it in the app store
  • Ahh yes but that's only for Sonos and doesn't work through Spotify connect/ Chromecast I suppose...
  • T-mo-T said:
    Ahh yes but that's only for Sonos and doesn't work through Spotify connect/ Chromecast I suppose...
    Press the orange "beta version" text thing. It'll give you a spotify for spotify connect beta app.
  • edited December 2017
    Realy? Same problem as @Jon here.
  • So how do I add a Spotify Connect speaker? The HEOS app doesn't appear to qualify as a Spotify Connect speaker, even though HEOS does have it outside of Homey. I can now play from a Soundcloud source to my HEOS devices, but Spotify songs say can't be played on current speaker (also not the Homey built-in speaker).
  • Same here  :(
    "media.Could not find application to play" or "media.Request timed out" or "I could not find any songs that can be played right now"

Guess its still just Sonos that works. 
  • Nope Sonos is also not working at the moment here. But I am in experimental
  • i cant get the spotify app to work icw chromecast audio. all the music is greyed out.
    also on the beta version.
  • KvMKvM Member
    Same here, all music is greyed out. Spotify premium and chromecast. Installed the Beta app
  • I found out that the music is greyed out due to the homey player being selected.
    If you go to:
    1. devices.
    2. add device (to a room) 

3. spotify for spotify connect

4. select your player (Be aware that you will need to couple your spotify account in order for any players to show up).
    You will have added an actual spotify connect capable player.

Now go to music pane and select the connect player next to the volume bar.

Now the music will become playable. enjoy.

• scifistar said:
    I found out that the music is greyed out due to the homey player being selected.
    If you go to:
    1. devices.
    4. select your player (Be aware that you will need to couple your spotify account in order for any players to show up).

Yes! This works for me! Thanks for your post @scifistar

Have you tried creating a flow for this? I have 3 devices that can play with Spotify Connect. I have a Heos speaker in my bedroom and I'd like to create a flow for waking up with a Spotify playlist on that device. 
    Is it true that I can only create a flow using the speaker that I set in the Music pane? If not, then I am afraid that I missed how to do this differently.
  • dreamerbbdreamerbb Member
    edited January 2018
    Is there a chance to get Spotify running in the future? I don´t have Sonos but would lik to play music via the Homey speaker.
  • scifistar said:
    I found out that the music is greyed out due to the homey player being selected.
    If you go to:
    1. devices.

How did you do this? My homey can't find any chromcasts in this wizard.
    My Chromecast is added to homey and working.

I am using the latest stable firmware, could this be the issue?
  • JonJon Member
    edited February 2018
    Xillar said:

How did you do this? My homey can't find any chromcasts in this wizard.
    My Chromecast is added to homey and working.

I am using the latest stable firmware, could this be the issue?
    I had the same. Chromecast was not visible in this small list. It takes a few minutes, and in my case it was probably triggered by going to settings, then to Spotify Connect, wait there to let it load and you see your Spotify username appearing. See the screenshots.
    first go to... then you see the spinner... then eventually it will show your spotify username....

Then, go back the 'Music' section and you see that Chromecast Audio is now visible.
    But.... it's still greyed out. Anyone who knows why this is? See the last screenshot.

• Same here,

I added two Spotify connect players (Alexa dot and Squeezebox), I can add the as a Spotify device, but they are greyed out.

• Wayne8Wayne8 Member
    Maybe you can use Spotify Connect or transfer Spotify Music to Homey for playing?