This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

IR HEX codes

Would like to see the option to input raw HEX IR codes to support devices with lost remotes. For example I have an old Denon DRA275 receiver without the remote. The codes for this remote are on remotecentral.com but I cant input them on Homey. 

Comments

• honeyhoney Member
    And to be able to upload them to the central database, rate and revise the codes in the database. Also the ability to add codes from CSV files, if we manage to extract codes from systems/applications/databases to be able to upload a bulk of codes.
  • Would like to see the option to input raw HEX IR codes to support devices with lost remotes. For example I have an old Denon DRA275 receiver without the remote. The codes for this remote are on remotecentral.com but I cant input them on Homey. 
    The type of signal definition we use is much more complicated than just simple hex-codes, so just a plain conversion won't work.

With the upcoming IR improvements, I'll try to implement the prontohex formatting, so we can support these remotes as well, but we'd still need more technical information, like the carrier frequency, toggle bits, et cetera.
  • Prontohex would be a huge step in the right direction!
  • MennoMenno Member
    ask logitech for a copy of their IR database (maybe if you ask it very polite)
  • Menno said:
    ask logitech for a copy of their IR database (maybe if you ask it very polite)
    The point is that that won't be compatible with our database. Codes for the remotes are only one half of the equation. And we'd need to filter out stuff like duplicates. Sadly, it's not that simple to just import a few databases :/
  • MennoMenno Member
    @superice is it possible with current DB that we (community) can add devices and share them with each other?
    And maybe add something as (community version) behind remote type. 
This discussion has been closed.