This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Flows without trigger

I was just creating all kind of flows where I want a couple of devices to turn off (when I am leaving, when I am going to bed, when no-one is home for a couple of hours etc). Everytime I dragged all devices into the flow until I spotted the option to enable another flow. It is not possible (now) to create a flow without a trigger but it would make things easier to replicate events.

Comments

• casedacaseda Member
    You can already use variables for this. 

Just create a flow:
    [WHEN] change of value in a variable, [IF] true, [THEN] turn off devices [and] turn variable to false

Then if you want to turn off devices in one of your flows just set that variable to true
  • Good solution, thanks.
  • Alternatively, you could use a 'dummy' device in the IF column (i.e. an IR signal you never use, a variable that's always on '1', and then call the flow from another flow.

The variable-solution of @caseda is a little more flexible though.
  • Alternatively, you could use a 'dummy' device in the IF column (i.e. an IR signal you never use, a variable that's always on '1', and then call the flow from another flow.

The variable-solution of @caseda is a little more flexible though.
    @KoenMartens it is not possible to CALL a flow from another flow afaik. You can only enable or disable it.
This discussion has been closed.