This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Welcome home, Homey!

DieterKoblenzDieterKoblenz Member
edited May 2016 in Archive
My very own unboxing topic of Homey after just picking it up. For some reason the box and content feel smaller than I expected. But after opening the box and removing the top cardboard cover I am greated by this small white sphere.

So after plugin it in and waiting for about half a minute this sphere tells me to go to setup.athom.com and ofcourse I do. Homey is alive! It takes me two attempts to connect to my home wifi network and after that it starts downloading a voice. Pity you can't select language during setup to prevent it downloading the wrong voice. As I probably will have to reset homey often today I am choosing Dutch. 

Comments

• How can one see what Homey is listening/hearing? 
  • ZperXZperX Member
    edited May 2016
    This way:

• Thanks! 

So first experience with out of the box speech was not what I hoped (or I just didn't read enough yet). Can't turn on my KaKu lights with voice. I have to make a flow first. Recognizes flows perfect, so for me as a Tweakers thats fine.
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    @DieterKoblenz : did you train your voice? If so, before putting a lot of work in Homey, you'd better untrain it by holding her upside down and deleting all data....
  • @DieterKoblenz : did you train your voice? If so, before putting a lot of work in Homey, you'd better untrain it by holding her upside down and deleting all data....
    I did not train my voice. It respons to OK Homey perfect every time (until now, hehe like an hour, no wrong recognition) but the recognition after sucks. Can't get the Pathe app for example to respond. Works ok with flows I input.
  • Alright. Lets try English  ;)
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    Yeah, don't do the voice training. It won't help the voice recognition, and may actually deteriorate the "OK Homey" recognition. As for the rest... if I talk loud and slow, with clear space between words, Homey will correctly understand me most of the time. But yeah, sometimes I have to repeat a sentence 3 times before it's understood. I definitely hope that will improve. According to several people, voice recognition works a lot better if they use the Android app (haven't used that app yet)... so maybe that can be a workaround for you, until they fix voice recognition in Homey?
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    Yep, android works a lot better. 
    Unfortunately, for now, the beta version only does English. 
  • Fire69 said:
    Beta version of the app? Interesting. Ofcourse the whole point of Homey is control my domotics without my phone  ;) I am skeptical though about the voice recognition. I don't believe it will surpass android voice recognition, but if it would work the same I am quite happy.
  • Fire69 said:
    Beta version of the app? Interesting. Ofcourse the whole point of Homey is control my domotics without my phone  ;) I am skeptical though about the voice recognition. I don't believe it will surpass android voice recognition, but if it would work the same I am quite happy.
    Couldn't agree more. It would be epic if that would happen!
    *fingers crossed*
This discussion has been closed.