This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Buienradar - False Positives

nklerknklerk Member
I have created two flows with buienradar, One should warn me 5 minutes upfront and one should warn me when its starting to rain.
The 5 minutes warning never worked for us. the "starts raining" card activates on moments where there isnt even a coud in the air.
I have tried Autodiscovery location and set it manually with same results.

I have checked buienradar and als there there was no cloud of rain visible.

Is this a known issue and is there a way to correct the working?

Kind regards.

Comments

• Same here, it has never worked for me
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited May 2016
    it did work in firmware .8.20 aka verry old . 

Buienradar isnt working anymore for the last weeks / more then a month. 
    At least on all my homeys
  • I have the same experience, the x time before it starts to rain never triggered, the at the time it starts to rain triggered all the time (like every minute) this wa at 0.8.29, 0.8.30 and 0.8.32. Didn't bother installing it again after my last reset.
  • oliveolive Member
    Same here, dont work!
  • posthokposthok Member
    Got the same experience.
  • I've changed the app quit an bit and added Insights to it.
    I'm also working on a Weather Underground app and their prediction for precipitation (rain, snow, drizzle etc, neerslag in Dutch), is much better!
  • GerjanGerjan Member
    is the new app available yet?
  • I don't know if Athom is open for pull requests on their apps.
  • I don't know if Athom is open for pull requests on their apps.
    May I suggest you try and find out :+1: 

I believe the YouTube and Chromecast apps where originally created by Athom but have been taken over by a community member as well.
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited May 2016
    Sounds great @RobinVanKekem , kudos!
  • MennoMenno Member
    community taking over Athom haha. But indeed good idea let Athom spend their time on core issues (speech,ir,zwave,etc) and not wasting their time on addons
  • mruitermruiter Member
    Well , if an app is not working like athoms buienradar it only sounds logical for them to pull it. Even more logical when theres a working community app...
  • Phuturist said:
    I don't know if Athom is open for pull requests on their apps.
    May I suggest you try and find out :+1: 

I believe the YouTube and Chromecast apps where originally created by Athom but have been taken over by a community member as well.
    From my experience they are more than happy ;) Just send PR. It was Chromecast and WolframAlpha apps.

Looking forward for WUnderground app!
  • RobinVanKekemRobinVanKekem Member
    edited May 2016
    Great, I'll try and find out! :-)

Just have to solve an issue where the 'starts raining in' trigger keeps on being triggered.

The Weather Underground app (Wunderground, as I like to call it) is in my extended testing phase.
    I really like statistics so I log all data to Insights. Especially since the user can disable the specific data which doesn't want logged to keep his Homey clean or keep some storage space for other apps.
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited May 2016
    Maybee you can set an option for users to fill . Just like a triggerd generic alarm for motion sensors .

Do not trigger again for xx minutes.

Guess we can also make this on a flow in combo with the countdown app already in appstore
  • Oh I'll solve it in the app, don't worry.
  • mruitermruiter Member
    They quickly updated the app at athom. they are afraid of you ;)
  • mruiter said:
    They quickly updated the app at athom. they are afraid of you ;)
    Is this updated in v1.1.7 or the next version? 
  • I come home and it seems that the app has been updated. Every 5 minutes it says it will rain in 30 minutes.
    Isn't there any way that when it has been said that it will rain he wait until that rain is over and then tell me again it will rain in 30 minutes?
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited May 2016
    This is starting to look like the sundown trilogy....

Every minutes its raining in 10 minutes now.....

You gambled wrong , Its still a sunny day, this app should have been updated tomorrow  :)
  • @RobinVanKekem ;  Is there already any news about this? It keeps telling my many times it will start raining but no drop in sight
  • Had some trouble on my own app so did not make any progress on this one, sorry
  • Since the last update homey 0.10.7 the buienradar does not work anymore.
    The flow worked until then always fine, but now it doesn’t start even anymore !

If: rain starts in 5 min. , between 6:30 and 22:00 , put screensaver as Raining animation.

If : rain stops , stop screensaver animation .

This discussion has been closed.