This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

How to stop playing music

Hi all

maybe a stupid question but anyway: wenn i start music with ok homey, play some music, how can i stop the music without the manager speech input and writing the stop command? I use now nfc to pause media or the speech input, but this is not the perfect way i suppose.

Sorry for possible dual posts, searching the forum i found only how to play music.

Thanks
Viktor

Comments

• ok homey, stop  :)
  •  :D i tried couple of times but she :p  is not listen to me 
  • Is she listening to "Ok Homey" when ur music is on ?
    Maybe the music is too loud for "her"?
  • no reaction to ok homey, i tried with volume 30 to max, nothing happens
  • MennoMenno Member
    For testing I created a flow and then push button test flow
    But who wants to listen to homey playing music when you have an audio system properly in the same room

• If ok homey isn't working, you'll have to use your nfc or the written way.  Or the Android app of course.
    You can also use /manager/media instead of writing in /manager/speech-input
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited April 2016
    http://ip-of-homey/speech-input/
    and on the bottom of the page type "stop" and press enter

Very annoying "bug", almost same problem as when a Roomba is driving through your living room and Homey totally not understands you. Then the only solution is to ASAP make a Flow to stop homey by hand before the Wife throws Homey, Roomba and me on the street.....

• MarcoF said:
    Then the only solution is to ASAP make a Flow to stop homey by hand before the Wife throws Homey, Roomba and me on the street.....

Dunno how big your house is, but pressing 'stop' or 'dock' on the Roomba would also work fairly well :wink: 
  • And I could also throw a bucket of water over it and mop the floor. 

Or walk to the wall switch to turn the lights..... 

To me it's a bit odd to use voice to turn it on and for stopping need to chase Roomba :wink: 
  • I hoped "athom homey --help" would give me some more information about internal commands...

• I just meant that to avoid the wife-throwing-you-out scenario a press on the Roomba is quicker than making a flow...
  • viktorviktor Member
    MarcoF said:
    Then the only solution is to ASAP make a Flow to stop homey by hand before the Wife throws Homey, Roomba and me on the street.....
    Same problem here, WAF to low at the moment.  :'(
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    edited May 2016
    viktor said:
    Same problem here, WAF to low at the moment. 
    No such problems here, but them, I'm not even trying to actually make her use Homey to replace any existing functionality. She sees Homey as a "nice alternative on the side, that's still in development", not as something that she should use to replace her existing method (and that, as such, is not working very well atm).
    Right now, she's actually charmed by everything that does work, but at this stage, she has absolutely no inclination to actually use it herself.
  • jordenjorden Member
    My girlfriend actually said: I thought my boyfriend loved me, but then homey arrived ;) 

Luckily it was said with a smile LOL
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    It's not the issue to shutdown Roomba, because Roomba is paired to my Vera3 gui, Thinking Cleaner android app and ImperiHome android app. It's more strange that 3 gui's support a on/off button and the brand new homey isn't support that and it's main interface Voice, goes mad because of the noise of Roomba. 

• MennoMenno Member
    make flow if roomba is cleaning do not listen.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited May 2016
    Menno said:
    make flow if roomba is cleaning do not listen.

And how to stop roomba with Homey? 
  • MennoMenno Member
    And if your missing an option request it or write your own app
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    Menno said:
    And if your missing an option request it or write your own app
    Great suggestion..... 

• JulianJulian Member
    I've got this one (besides the same one but then with 'start'), but I think it would be nice in Homey of you would be able to either have the start/stop/dock triggers as separate buttons in the Homey GUI or be able to trigger this kind of flows via a button. I have iOS so have no experience with the app, hopefully the iOS app will arrive soon!

• bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited May 2016
    Going back to music, there's several ways:
    * try saying stop. This probably won't work when using Homey's internal speaker...
    * create a flow which you control by testing
    * use http://10.0.3.35/manager/media/ (only working when resize the browser-window and you click twice )
    * use http://10.0.3.35/manager/speech-input/ and type "stop"
    * create a stop-command which gets triggered by a dummy wall-plug and control it with "devices"-section (link)
    * create a stop-command which gets triggered by a dummy wall-plug and control it with the android-app (link)
    * go to the media-manager on the android-app (also: you have to click twice, the same as the resized browser)

Of course, media-manager won't work for roomba but the other possibilities will...
  • viktorviktor Member
    Hi @BasVanDenBosch ;

I tried with flow like wenn nfc xyz detected than with the pause media. I dont find a stop command. Do i miss something or i use the wrong media section?

Thanks
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    Why would you need a stop with streaming media?
  • viktorviktor Member
    For example when homey is not recognising my artist words and then maybe you have some strange songs :) , or going outside, visits etc...
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    Then a pause is good... That way you can always start a new song or perhaps resume the old one... You don't need "stop" for that...
  • viktorviktor Member
    The problem is the resume, homey is resuming then on "stop", "radio", "video" (almost everything)
  • TallguyTallguy Member
    Very annoying yeah.  On a regular day i have to use the stop command via the speech-input 3 times because Homey descides to plan music on it's own