This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Skybell HD

I was searching for a wifi doorbell and found the Skybell Hd.
I saw that it support IFTTT and alarm.com. So I taught maybe there are more people who searching for a wifi doorbell and if so, maybe Athom can ask for support for Homey.

Alarm.com is the first 3rd party partner that can show live video from skybell hd outside the skybell app.
Maybe Homey is the second?
Would be great if homey can show the video in the app or on tv with Chromecast

So who has interest? 

Comments

• Very cool but also very expensive me guess.
  • Very cool but also very expensive me guess.
    True, but I can't find another doorbell with api and a good camera.
  • If ur looking for a complete solution then its ok me guess.
    I have camera's and doorbell running so then its expensive.
    Anyway, it's a real cool thingie!
  • MennoMenno Member
    edited April 2016
    I have the ring doorbell (not great but okay)  (after testing few things i'm more then happy)

https://ring.com/products#

They have a new one Pro version

• I'm interested in adding Skybell support. I have a Skybell doorbell at home, still in the packaging. Although I still need to buy another bell to make it work, because the Skybell doesn't work with my current bell.
  • Menno said:
    I have the ring doorbell (not great but okay)
    https://ring.com/products#

They have a new one Pro version

I have the ring also, and think it's super, you can use your existing wires, and your original bell will still work, and the phone app responses so fast !! setup was easy, only i do not know if they have a suited API available.. 
    I'm only interested in having the actual pushing of the bell and the presense detection routed to homey, the video is already stored onto the ring servers.. 
  • I couldn't find rings api. I have searched for it. And you must pay for ring's cloud. 
  • yep, as you pay for moost clouds which stores data, at least if my house gets ripped computer and NAS gone, then I will still have the video feed from the front door available..
    I will contact them to see if they will provide an API, 
  • Okay, tomorrow I'll search for other wifi doorbells maybe there is a cheaper one. 
  • Ring video doorbell support IFTTT. So using The IFTTT Homey app my Homey says "ding dong, er staat iemand aan de deur" and a hue lamp turns red when te doorbell is pushed. 
  • Ring video doorbell support IFTTT. So using The IFTTT Homey app my Homey says "ding dong, er staat iemand aan de deur" and a hue lamp turns red when te doorbell is pushed. 
    Thanks 

will look into that 
  • I had a Skybell and a Doorbot, both underperform.
    Wifi reception is very bad. Even with an access point close to the device (less than 2 meter).
    And even when there is a connection, video quality is below par.

Advice: don't buy.
  • I had a Skybell and a Doorbot, both underperform.
    Wifi reception is very bad. Even with an access point close to the device (less than 2 meter).
    And even when there is a connection, video quality is below par.

Advice: don't buy.
    Little bit short, don't you think?  
    I've have a Ring Video Doorbell and installed 5 Rings and never had any problems what so ever.
    My brother has a Skybell and also had never had any problems.  
    So I think you have a wireless network issue or what so ever.  
    The camera of Ring is a 720p camera and gives a good quality image. Also what the app and motion sensor is super quick!  
    So my advice, try for your self what works best for you
  • MennoMenno Member
    I have the ring and also don't have any wifi problems. The only thing that could be better is the speed when there is a door ring it thakes some seconds before camera pictures is on my phone

Just connected my Ring with IFTTT with homey works great (one for motion and one for ring)
    Now trying to find a way to start live view on my TV / kodi or what ever will work
  • Menno said:
    I have the ring and also don't have any wifi problems. The only thing that could be better is the speed when there is a door ring it thakes some seconds before camera pictures is on my phone

Just connected my Ring with IFTTT with homey works great (one for motion and one for ring)
    Now trying to find a way to start live view on my TV / kodi or what ever will work
    I have read that it's not possible to view live feet from the camera if there's no trigger. Is that right? 
  • MennoMenno Member
    I LOVE THE RING!!!! (the slowiness was only on my windows 10 mobile)
    PC and Iphone are reacting much faster

Also I had to let RING change a setting to enable live view after 15 minutes I received an email it was changed and that it should work within one hour.
    It seems in live view it is only showing/recording 1 minute at the moment hope this will be changeable in the future

Still trying to get my recording on my TV when someone rings

• Okay guys, you convinced me.
    I have ordered the ring pro.

• MennoMenno Member
    Congratulations
This discussion has been closed.