This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Can I reinstall the firmware?

I requested the early pre-order batch instead of waiting for two weeks, and received my homey April 19th. I knew it would be buggy, but not that I'd brick it the same day... During the firmware upgrade it did not seem to give any form of life, so I unplugged it to try again. The same happened during the update and worked perfect the second time, but now when I try again (by holding upside down), it points me towards support, unable to do anything. I contacted support and the last I heard was 6 days ago, that "They are working on it". I totally believe they are trying to fix it, but I just feel restless and regret requesting an early delivery. Should have just waited for two more weeks :(

Still anxious to start using my beautiful homey, I was wondering if anyone here knew anything I could do in the meantime?

Comments

• Learn Chinese?
  • I think i can help u,
    Contact me on slack
  • @DaneeDeKruyff  Traditional Chinese?
    @gerbenz I replied to your message, but it is better to post your information here. There might be someone else that encounters this situation in the future and they might be helped by reading your solution.
  • When u plug in youre homey
    and the ring glows turn it upsife down
    then the ring comes purple?
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited April 2016
    @gerbenz ;;;
    you will need to wait for about 5 seconds, after that you can turn it upside down to start the reset.
    Earlier you will enter a debug mode for firmware reinstall purpose and such.. for Athom only i guess.
  • Nope no reset

turn it on then upside down until it is purple

then ob youre mac or macbook open terminal.

• SchederScheder Member
    I don't have osx 10.9 or higher.
  • gerbenzgerbenz Member
    What os do u have?
  • SchederScheder Member
    Got it working now! Thanks! Let the fun begin.