This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[Unmaintained] NOS.nl / HLN.be

Comments

• The update of the NOS app is published. I still had to look to the setting savage
  • btwvince said:
    mvtk1990 said:
    btwvince said:
    That would be awesome! The most popular newspaper in Belgium is www.hln.be 
    I will see for that logo
    Thanks!
    It's waiting for approval

Any idea when this will be approved? :)
    It's aproved and published
  • PandaPanda Member
    @mvtk1990 Nice app, but maybe it is an idea to use a different svg icon for each app?
  • @Panda Thanks. Do you have one? Feel free to send a pull request
  • @Menno indeed, it has to be an svg, a png is not allowed
  • I've added the icon also for HLN.be.

• Both apps are fully translated, and the where some error fixed, such as the issue of @mbalik79.
    Both apps are currently 0.1.5 state and submitted to the store.
    Don't ask, is it published, I'll post it here. For now wait a couple of (business) days.
  • Thanks @mvtk1990 !
    Sorry for the late response from my site...I saw you're notification just in the morning
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited May 2016
    I blatantly copied your app and created one for the Huffington Post so we also have an English-spoken news-app...
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/1453/news-app-in-english

• MaRaMaRa Member
    Since the firmware update to 0.8.34 the NOS app is not working correctly anymore. It starts normally with "je recente nieuwsberichten" but then it starts with a random number like 2 or 4 (default setting is 5 news headlines). After 1 or 2 headlines it stops working. Is this already a know bug, and what can I do about it?
  • MaRa said:
    Since the firmware update to 0.8.34 the NOS app is not working correctly anymore. It starts normally with "je recente nieuwsberichten" but then it starts with a random number like 2 or 4 (default setting is 5 news headlines). After 1 or 2 headlines it stops working. Is this already a know bug, and what can I do about it?
    Same overhere..
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    This is caused by the content which is also embedded. I created a pull-request for the app (I think, still figuring out github ;))
  • I've noticed it also. I recently send an update to the store. The problem isn't the content. It's a problem of Homey it's self. I didn't found out what. A reinstall was fixing this problem. 
    The Homey triggered the app it's self.
    There's no such of code in there.
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    -newsHeadlines.push(headlineKeywords[i] + '. ' + title + '. ' + content + '........ ');

+newsHeadlines.push(headlineKeywords[i] + '. ' + title + '........ ');
    worked for me. Maybe the string with the content became too long, maybe more then 255? That was a limit for sending the message to my phone?
  • Bacause you send the code as an developer to your homey you did an reinstall. Please revert to the original code and see if it's still tell you randomly news.
  • HansieNLHansieNL Member
    edited May 2016
    I just installed the NOS app from the app store, but Homey does only say "je recente nieuwsberichten"  and then nothing...?
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    mvtk1990 said:
    Bacause you send the code as an developer to your homey you did an reinstall. Please revert to the original code and see if it's still tell you randomly news.
    :-) Of course I did an orginal install. Athom changed their codebase judging this remark on Git.
    In your original app only two items are spoken atm. If I change
    Homey.manager('speech-output').say(__(newsHeadlines[i])); 
    by
    Homey.manager('speech-output').say(__(newsHeadlines[i].substr(0,255)));
    all headlines are spoken. The max length of a spoken text is 255 characters. In the pull-request I deleted the content from the spoken string because, after all, it's not a headline. Perhaps if all html is deleted from the content first it could work. Something for tonight :smiley: 

• bvdbosbvdbos Member
    In the pull-request I've kept the content but used striptags (so the image-url is not read) and kept the substring. For anyone who wants to have this before it's official, my fork:
    https://github.com/bvdbos/nl.nos.newsheadlines

• In the pull-request I've kept the content but used striptags (so the image-url is not read) and kept the substring. For anyone who wants to have this before it's official, my fork:
    https://github.com/bvdbos/nl.nos.newsheadlines

Thx. Working again.
    I've added the url of my local newspaper and sent them mail about it. I invited them for a demonstration.
    Hope to be continued... Would be a great promotion for Athom and Homey.
  • mvtk1990mvtk1990 Member
    edited May 2016
    @BasVanDenBosch I saw your code and it look's ok. In this case it would be nice to get the next dot after 200 characters and split the string on if, so you have full sentences.
  • mvtk1990mvtk1990 Member
    edited May 2016
    I've submitted the NOS app for approval. I'm splitting on the last dot before 255 characters.
    Also I've added some speech improvements for the Dutch language. It's replacing abbreviations for longer spoken versions. Feel free to send me a word that isn't correct pronounced by Homey, and I'll add it to the code, or send me a pull request. Like @BasVanDenBosch thankfully did.
  • HansieNLHansieNL Member
    edited May 2016
    mvtk1990 said:
    I'm splitting on the last dot before 255 characters.
    It's a shame that articles now are broken. Is there any change in the future Homey can speak more than the 255 characters? 
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    I copied your changes with abbreviations, splitting at sentences etc. Thanks, awaiting approval...
  • With GitHub version 0.2.0 the news is read twice.
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    works for me as it should.  It reads:
    http://feeds.nos.nl/nosjournaal

• works for me as it should.  It reads:
    http://feeds.nos.nl/nosjournaal

I de-installed 1st and installed version 0.2.0 again and now it's ok.
  • v0.2.0 now in the store
  • swtttswttt Member
    I don't think it is possible (after looking at the rss feed).
    But it would be nice if you added an option where homey automagically speaks the "breaking" news. (Just like how the NOS uses push notification for the most important news in their iOS app)

Something like a flow card would suffice, but as stated before, with the current rss feed it doesn't seem possible?