This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Date and time in interface and manual NTP sync

edited April 2016 in Archive
Last week I received my pre-ordered Homey. After conquering some installation issues I started playing around and thought of some suggestions for improvement.
In the standard (web)interface there is no feedback on what Homey sees as is the current:
1) the date
2) time

3 ) Also in the user web interface I can't find what NTP server Homey uses to synchronize (also I would like to enter my own).
4 ) It would be nice if you can send a " HUP " from the user interface to manually force a NTP update.
5 ) As an ultimate remedy you should be able to manually enter the time and date through the users web interface.

Comments

• BumblezBumblez Member
    edited April 2016
    1,2)  In the web interface go to Settings/System, and at 'Stuff for Geeks' click on 'Show'

Then you will see a couple of lines, including something like this:

date    2016-04-26T10:59:33.675Z
    and
    timezone    Europe/Amsterdam

The Z behind the time indicates that this is Zulu-time (timezone UTC), so this is the time excluding the timezone correction. Right now, that time should be exactly 2 hours behind the current time in the Netherlands.

3,4,5) correct, this is currently not possible. My clock is advanced by 30 minutes, and I can't fix it without the help of Athom Support...

• @Bumblez Thanks for pointing that out ... but what I'm suggesting is ...

feedback on what Homey sees as the current date and time in the standard (web)interface (and not somewhere tugged away in a geek spot)

• JPeJPe Member
    edited May 2016
    Just ask Homey, say "what is the time"  or  "what is the date"  and Homey will tell you what time/date it is, simple nespa?
  • Only is time and date in English and that's not working really wel when having a Dutch voice  :D
  • Try to ask : "wat is de tijd" ?
  • RobinVanKekemRobinVanKekem Member
    edited May 2016
    I did and it did answer, but the text Homey was trying to speak was in English, while he tried to say that with an Dutch voice.
    Is it in perfect Dutch for you?

• The time is in Dutch yes but not all is in Dutch. The temperature for example sounds like: "The temperature is eenentwintig punt vier degrees".
    This is all because Dutch is not full supported/translated yet.
  • I know.
    I was a little bit worried my Homey was losing its mind  :D
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    Bumblez said:
    ... My clock is advanced by 30 minutes, and I can't fix it without the help of Athom Support...

https://athomcommunity.slack.com/archives/general/p1463330888003162
    Replacing the marker a few meters worked for Jeroenvi. It's understandable: If it's at the same place, so "save"-operation is fired to your Homey. Or is your problem already solved?

This discussion has been closed.