This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[How-To] Z-Wave Devices

2»

Comments

• The fibaro motion sensor doesnt suddenly work anymore. I have 2 flows, Homey say when there is motion and no motion. But now everytime i get a motion ON/OFF speech, but there is no motion!.. :(

It worked for 2 days now. I shall try rebooot Homey, maybe its working again, after that.
  • I configured Homey as secondary controller, Vera Lite as primary, it works very well:

Thanks for this tribute, just what I was looking for myself. I have the same situation and considerations.
  • AljoenAljoen Member
    I did the same. Works quite well. Only my Fibaro sensors are not showing up in homey and all my dimmers, wall plugs etc show up as simple plugs which means I cannot use the build in voice commands of homey to control the lights. At least my z-wave network (in homey) is quite stable., no problems so far
    I will keep using this until homey's reliability and functionality are improved..soon I hope
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    Setting of parameter 1 2 3 4 8 9 and 12 won't brick the motion alarm to never go off on Fibaro 2.6:
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/492#issuecomment-217447375
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited May 2016
    i think you can still call it a "brick" if the time is at least multiplied by 250x the amount of seconds you insert, and can't revert back.
    (2082x the amount of seconds with the first one (20 seconds) - 258x the amount of seconds (30 seconds, revert) - 268x the amount of seconds  for number 3 (10 seconds))

but i will change the text to conform the latest find.
  • After connecting Home to my Vera-Lite, and added it as a scene controller, the primary setting of the Vera-lite was set to false. Not sure if Homey created that or the VeraLite lost this setting during adding Homey.
    Added a issue at Getvera to fix this setting back to primary=1(true).

Are there more users who encountered this problem?As what kind of device should I add Homey to the Vera Lite?
  • I configured Homey as secondary controller, Vera Lite as primary, it works very well:
    - Start your Homey
    - In Vera Lite, backup you network and create a full backup just to be safe
    - In Vera Lite (UI7) click on Settings, Zwave-settings, Advanced, Controller Shift
    - Vera will add Homey as a scene controller, Homey will add all zwave devices to your homey environment
    - You need to give names to all the devices, the are new devices to Homey and you need to assign the devices to rooms again
    My reasons to configure this way are:
    - I have several devices of which I suspected that Homey would not recognize them (e.g. Danfoss Thermostats, readings from 'Slimme Meter', IP camera)
    - I have an extensive Z-wave network, this is a quick to start experimenting with Homey without messing up your current working home automation environment
    @Henk_Kuipers 

After reading your post about connecting Homey to your Vera Liye with UI7, I tried the same.
    But after using the Controller Shift function, my Vera Lite is not the primary controller any more.

Can you check if your vera is still the primary in your z-wave network?
    After reading about controller shift i understand that this function is to copy the zwave network to another controller and become a secondary controller afterwards itself.

Thanks in advance for checking your Vera primary status.

• @Sandeman, I have followed above instructions from @Henk_Kuipers and they changes my VERA from primary into secundary controller indeed. I was able to make VERA the primary controller again by a factory reset of VERA. Next I could get all my setting and zwave network back by restoring a backup. However I'm still looking for a way to make the Homey a secondary controller to the VERA. 
  • In the mean time my VERA broke through memory errors. Probably by resetting and recovering the back-up to many times. So now i have only one controller left.... Homey. 
    When it happens Homeys software wasn't reliable enough, now it is, so problem solved during time.