This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Werkt nog helemaal niet

2»

Comments

• JohanKusterJohanKuster Member
    edited April 2016
    Robebar said:
    Yehhhh lets just copy some old stuff and stop beiing inovative.. Wat was the reason that you supported this kickstarter project. ??

Yes of course, you only have those new zwave+ devices...sure  I bought those old devices when I supported this kickstarter project, they are now useless and it did cost me more than a few Homeys. By the way, why is Openzwave or Blockly not inovative? At least they work properly. I can't wait another year or so.

Since when did you start supporting Homey?
  • The fact that you can't use the old zwave devices yet in combination with Homey, doesn't mean that they will never be supported and/or that they are useless. You'll just have to be patient a while longer (possibly a few months)...
  • It also helps to provide as much useful information as possible about errors/problems you encounter (including product-numbers en software/hardware versions)
  • Isn't there the OpenZwave initiative? Why isn't Homey using that? 

Funny that you mention that project. It might be working now, but boy was it unstable and unreliable about 2-3 years ago. It was a complete mess. Nothing really worked, it crashed all the time etc etc. 

Give Athom some time, they will fix it. Ok, I'm also annoyed my Fibaro Wallplug doesn't work. I'm also annoyed that I have to reset the Z-Wave chip everyday since .32 because it loses all devices... but I try to keep the faith ;). Homey is an awesome product but it needs a LOT of polishing.
  • PimBliek said:
    Isn't there the OpenZwave initiative? Why isn't Homey using that? 

Funny that you mention that project. It might be working now, but boy was it unstable and unreliable about 2-3 years ago. It was a complete mess. Nothing really worked, it crashed all the time etc etc. 

Give Athom some time, they will fix it. Ok, I'm also annoyed my Fibaro Wallplug doesn't work. I'm also annoyed that I have to reset the Z-Wave chip everyday since .32 because it loses all devices... but I try to keep the faith ;). Homey is an awesome product but it needs a LOT of polishing.

I can't/don't want to wait 2-3 years before homey is a product that is stable enough to fill my needs. For the time being I will use Homey for its hardware capablilities but not for anything Z-wave related or flow logic. I will use Domoticz for that. By the way I don't think that Athom can survive another 2-3 years development. They need to improve fast.

• I can't/don't want to wait 2-3 years before homey is a product that is stable enough to fill my needs. For the time being I will use Homey for its hardware capablilities but not for anything Z-wave related or flow logic. I will use Domoticz for that. By the way I don't think that Athom can survive another 2-3 years development. They need to improve fast.
    How do you know it takes 2-3 years?
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member

I can't/don't want to wait 2-3 years before homey is a product that is stable enough to fill my needs. For the time being I will use Homey for its hardware capablilities but not for anything Z-wave related or flow logic. I will use Domoticz for that. By the way I don't think that Athom can survive another 2-3 years development. They need to improve fast.
    How much time do the need then?
  • JohanKusterJohanKuster Member
    edited May 2016

I was just refering to PimBliek's reply 

"Funny that you mention that project. It might be working now, but boy was it unstable and unreliable about 2-3 years ago. It was a complete mess. Nothing really worked, it crashed all the time etc etc. "

When I see the progress the last few months, then I don't expect them to solve the issues AND create sufficient new functionality in the months ahead. We have seen 3 months of bug fixing and hardly any new functionality. I would like to see new functionality also and at least sharing some of the ideas that Athom has to improve the flow editor. I think we should have a say in this also. A timeline for improvements would be nice.  
  • New features? Wel first let it become stabel. Yesterday decided to unplug my Homey. Don't want to unplug the power in a 48 hour cycle next to a hue light spontaneous turning on in the middle of the night.
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    Don't want to unplug the power in a 48 hour cycle next to a hue light spontaneous turning on in the middle of the night.
    In its current state, it's best to not let Homey manage anything automatically. My Homey is doing quite well, because all the triggers that I have set up, are triggered directly by me (eg by voice, which is going surprisingly well). Only once the triggers have become a lot more reliable, will I consider setting up anything that triggers automatically (eg on time, temperature, presence, etc)
  • MennoMenno Member
    @Bumblez ;
    I'm using motion detection for my lights for a while now and never had light turning on from itself. I do have to restart zwave sometimes maybe once in two days and restart homey once a week. If homey is not working I just do what people did in the early days click the dimmer
  • @Menno , it was a hue light that turned on from itself and it even wasn't part of a flow. But hé, that can happen, no problem. Can be a bug. But only have Hue, Kaku and Kodi installed next to 3 z-wave devices and then freezing after +/- 2 days. Only switching one Kaku socket at a timeschedule. No flows what so ever beside that. So total no usecase for me at the moment and therefore did not migrate my other 20 z-wave devices. No clue what is going on, because no logging what so ever visible. Only exclusive for Athombv. Did not even try voice commands. Debugs send to Athom, but no detail feedback. Only we are working at it, under investigation. Or is coming soon....And before i get the remarks, you know it is beta, i know that. The only thing i can say as beta tester: it isn't working for me and Homey has left the livingroom.......
  • MennoMenno Member
    edited May 2016
    I was reacting because he was advising not to use automatically triggers I don't agree with that. Would I trust homey for 20 devices hell no but you can try things with a few of them (maybe we all should buy a second house for testing environment)
  • @Menno, i agree! Unfortunately no budget for a second house not even a small one
  • caseda said:
    @MrDutchfighter ;;
    i guess you haven't been following the forum that much/at all and don't know how to search:

Power consumtion:
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/19739/

Aeotec Smart Switch 6: (has been resolved in the latest experimental update v0.8.32):
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/19846/

Fibaro dimmer 2:
    has been mentioned couldn't find it that fast.

Slim Multisensor PST02-A/B/C:
    I guess has been resolved just like the aeotec one that uses the same protocol for alarm

Fibaro Motion sensor + Z-Wave+ (has been partially resolved in latest experimental patch v0.8.32):
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/19554/

Conclusion, they do have still a long way to go, but are making small but steady improvements
    Aeotec Smart Switch 6 isn't resolved in 0.8.32
  • mruitermruiter Member
    Aeotec Smartswitch is not even working for a little bit....... The others you mention al still have sevral issues .... 
    Not usable for reliable domo house control