This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Homey Synonyms!

MesomelasMesomelas Member
edited April 2016 in Questions & Help
Hi all!

As all of you have probably noticed, some words work a lot better than others.
For example Homeys own trigger which now uses 'Ok Homey' instead of 'Hey Homey'.
A small change of words, a big difference in accuracy.

I have been experimenting a bit and noticed a big difference with ' lampen' instead of 'lichten' and 'bios' instead of 'bioscoop'. But still Homey doesn't reply as accurate as it does to 'tijd', so maybe there are even better synonyms.

It would be great to share synonyms that work well and help each other find the best synonyms to trigger flows.

I'll kick off with:
  • Lichten -> Lampen
  • Bioscoop -> Bios
Thanks for your input! :smiley: 

Comments

• I asked Homey; "Hoe laat is het?" which doesn't do much, but "Wat is de tijd?" works.
    Seriously, who says: "wat is de tijd"?
  • Vincent said:
    I asked Homey; "Hoe laat is het?" which doesn't do much, but "Wat is de tijd?" works.
    Ah yes I experienced the same, funny thing is I already got so used to it that I didn't even mention it as a synonym anymore. I'll add it to the list in the topic start. 
  • PilsPils Member
    "Wat is de tijd" werkt inderdaad beter. Echter als ik dat nu vraag om 12:01 of 12:02 dan zegt hij in slecht nederlands (dat is de taal die ik heb gekozen) : De time is 01  resp De time is 02. Lijkt erop dat het uur 12 voor hem gelijk is aan 00 en dat hij die dus maar niet noemt.
  • Dat geldt ook als het bv 15.03 uur is, dan is de tijd ook 03 
  • As far as I know ”hoe laat is het " is not a build in command and will never work at all. Not mentioning the 12 hour seems like a bug and should be submitted on github (although I did not test this myself)
  • Vincent said:
    I asked Homey; "Hoe laat is het?" which doesn't do much, but "Wat is de tijd?" works.
    The built-in command is 'time' or 'tijd'.  So 'wat is de tijd' is what you made of it yourself  :p 
    Same goes for 'date' / 'datum'...

Just say 'ok homey, tijd', it's shorter and sounds better, less change it gets misunderstood also :)
  • Fire69 said:
    Vincent said:
    The built-in command is 'time' or 'tijd'.  So 'wat is de tijd' is what you made of it yourself  :p 
    Same goes for 'date' / 'datum'...

Just say 'ok homey, tijd', it's shorter and sounds better, less change it gets misunderstood also :)
    I removed the synonym from the starter list.
    Funny thing is that I seem to have better results when I use sentences instead of just 1 word.
  • Here it seems to define first if it goes for sentences or words. Sometimes full sentences are interpreted correctly and the next time I talk to it it decides to pick some random words.