This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Temperature / humidity sensors and Weather stations 433 and 866 Mhz

Hi, I can 't find if Temperature  / humidity sensors from Weather stations are yet supported.

If so, how can i connect them in Homey?

Comments

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited April 2016
    not (yet) supported....
  • Are Temperature  / humidity sensors supported yet?

• They are! In the office we are using Fibaro (https://apps.athom.com/app/com.fibaro) and Lacrosse (https://apps.athom.com/app/com.lacrossetechnology) for example
  • But still the cheap cresta sensor doesnt work! A lot of peeps have them around. 

For instance i have the tx230. 

• Of you are handy with a soldering iron and know how to program a little you could give mysensors a try.
    The DHT-11 or DHT-22 is a sensor that would read both temp and humidity and costs less that a beer (the sensor itself exxluding arduino, wire, casing, transciever and you time). 
  • Hi there,
    I'm looking for an app to use the Cresta TS34C Temperature and Humidity sensor. Does anyone know if this sensor is compatible with another brand or type?

• I also have a Cresta.

@Robert, are Cresta units supported?

• I did make an app for myself that decodes the data of my TFA sensors (Cresta protol). See https://github.com/nlrb/com.weather-sensors.
  • Gm  ik doe het even in het nederlands  Ik heb 2 temp  sensors  1 van fibaro en 1 van evergreen ,1hangt in de woonkamer en 1 hangt in de tuin, als ik homey vraag hoe koud het is dan telt hij binnen en buiten bij elkaar op en deelt het door 2,met andere  woorden homey  ziet het verschil niet tussen binnen en buiten .Hoe kan ik dit oplossen.
    In de layout van het huis heb ik het woonkamer en tuin genoemd ik draai dus de nederlandse versie.

iemand een idee of is het een bekend probleem
  • How would Homey know what you mean if you ask this? Sometimes you'll mean outside, sometimes you'll mean inside... Perhaps "hoe koud is het in het tuin" or "hoe koud is het buiten" works? Otherwise you should create your own flow...

• ik vraag  ``'hoe warm is het binnen ``' of wat is de `temp in de woonkamer`'  dus wel heel gericht binnen of buiten.
    Maar ik hoopte dat homey het verschil weet in de layout van het huis zodat hij niet het gemiddelde neem van de temp's

• That might be a bug then, you should file an issue for this on Github...
  • Hi @ErikB, I just did a quick test with a homey running version 0.10.3. Everything seemed to be working as expected, here's what it did:

- added a temperature sensor to a zone named "kitchen"
    - asked Homey: "How warm is it" ==> "The temperature is 19.9 degrees"  
    - asked Homey: "How warm is it in the garden" ==> "I didn't find temperature sensors"  ("garden" is a zone in my devices screen, with indeed no temperature sensors) 
    - asked Homey: "How warm is it in the kitchen" ==> "The temperature is 19.9 degrees"  

The issue you are having is likely due to one of two issues. Firstly, Homey might not have correctly heard what you said. You can rule this out by typing in the voice command in `http://<your-Homey's-IP-address>/manager/speech-input/`

The other thing that might be going wrong has to do with your zones. Homey does not have any knowledge about the layout of your house other than what you have specified in the zones tree in de devices screen. Let's say you have a zone named "binnen" with a zone named "woonkamer" inside of it. If inside of "woonkamer" there is a temperature sensor, the commands "hoe warm is het binnen" and "wat is de temperatuur in de woonkamer" should both work.

If you are still not able to get it working right, please post a screenshot of your zones and we'll take it from there
  • @Robert: I sort of have the same issue as @ErikB, but my assumption was that Homey would recognize the device/sensor name. From what I understand from you it only looks at the zone name. E.g. I have a temperature sensor called 'Living room' and 'Bathroom', but I don't have a separate zone for e.g. the Bathroom. Maybe an enhancement request to also look at the device names?
  • Ben inmiddels een stap verder,..als ik nu de vraag stel hoe warm is het in de woonkamer  dan krijg ik het perfecte antwoord echter als ik vraag hoe warm het in de tuin is dan krijg ik het gemiddelde van beide sensors
  • @RamonBaas you're right, that would be useful. Right now referring to devices by their name will only work in some cases. It is on my to-do list to make it a reliable way of referencing all your devices, so you can expect that to work in the future.

@ErikB Glad to hear you've got it partially working! With regards to "tuin" not working; I was worried for moment that it might be a bug since you have two zones with "tuin" in it. I have copied your zone names and tested it here, and Homey only told me the "tuin" temperature and did not take the average of all sensors. I'm guessing Homey did not hear you say the zone name. To rule this out, could you go to  http://<your-Homey's-IP-address>/manager/speech-input/, type "hoe warm het in de tuin" and let us know if it works?
    Also, I would like to ask you if we can continue the conversation in English. This makes the knowledge exchanged on the forum useful for everyone. If you strongly prefer to get this sorted out in Dutch you could instead send an email to support@athom.com

• @Robert Thanks!  <3
  • TheoDeKoningTheoDeKoning Member
    edited October 2016
    Sorry @Robert , but if I see what the speech-input shows what Homey think to have heard, I lay flat-out  on the ground.

With Good morning   ... afternoon  ... evening  .... night is the score good. Make there nice flows with.
    Also the distant from Homey and the use of normal voice is even good

But the rest no, I can't make a dissent flow with speech-input that way. Waiting for a good update there.  :)
  • Not for all that is. In my case it's 9/10.
    Even this:

• TheoDeKoningTheoDeKoning Member
    edited October 2016
     So, I have to switch to Dutch.        <3

edit
    Wait a moment. You can type this yourself.    o:)
  • @Rocodamelshe ;
    homey definitely needs to respond with something like
    Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliofobie
    on that

in case your wondering, it's the dutch word for "fear for long words"
  • RobertRobert Member
    edited October 2016
    Hahaha I like it @caseda, that might just end up in Homey some day!

@TheoDeKoning, Yes I would advice you to give Dutch a try. Extracting text from a spoken phrase is difficult. Extracting text from a phrase that is not spoken in a person's native language is way more difficult still, as accents can really mess up word detection.
  • Hai Robert i have tested and  Homey say the same thing  the
    average temprature not the exact temprature 

• Did u try to rename ur "tuin achter" zone to "achtertuin" ?

• Oke it works now,,,only i most say  "tuin hoe warm is het "  then homey say the right temprature

when I say " hoe warm is het in de tuin"  then homey say the average temprature

it works for 50 procent :smile: 

• ErikB said:

How do you get this is dutch? I half english / dutch

• You can change the names your self, if the zone is selected, click again to edit the name