This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

The amount of memory

A lot of products reads the maximum use of memory after a time working. Take for instants TomTom. They has to split there maps into different parts to cope with this problem. Now they bring-back the extended memory-card.
How-many memory is in Homey and is there a extended memory-slot. If you noticed what we want to do with Homey then we shall need the space for.

Comments

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    Homey has internal flash of 4GB. This is more than enough for the Homey OS + Apps.
  • Thanks for the info.
    Lets hope that it ís enough with the voice recognition, the Flow Editor, climate-control, takeover KaKu/CoCo, ect.
  • The apps/plugins are "just text-files" and won't take that much "disk"space.
    One of my own small but great working plugins to connect an ETHRelayBoard to my Vera3 uses "18,1 kB (18.547 bytes)" on the disk and the real size is with "13kB" about 30% smaller. I also use an NetAtmo plugin and the size of that plugin on the disk is "212 kB (217.088 bytes)" and the real size is 162kB. This NetAtmo app is a bit bigger and has allot of code to read data from the NetAtmo servers (cloud) and creates (for me) about 10 individual devices.

I'm only very curios about the way voice recognition works. If i speak to Homey, will Homey need internet to interpreter what i say, or is this also working without internet? I hope for the last, because not all internet connections are always that stable. I think my wife makes homey an bouncing ball if its not working because of an internet connection failure...
  • Will Homey have persistent logging on sensors or activities?
    It might be nice to ask "Hey Homey, how much energy did I use today?" or "How much did it rain today?"
  • I noticed the answer was already given a few months back. Also, with access to javascript, nearly everything is possible. One just needs to read/write the data from/to google drive :)
This discussion has been closed.