This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Sunrise and sunset triggers: does it work with you?

JonJon Member
edited April 2016 in Questions & Help
I have set a couple of flows with the trigger 'Sunrise started...', 'Sunrise ended...', and the same for sunset. To be really sure that the flow runs, I let send a push notification to my mobile as a proof.
Test works fine.
However, in real life it doesn't work. I do not see the flow running neither do I receive a push notification.
And no, there are no other triggers than only 1 per flow (of the 4 above mentioned).

Now if I replace the 'sunrise' / 'sunset' triggers by a defined hour/minute, then the flows work fine.
Anyone who knows what causes the problem?

Comments

• It's a known issue (and has been for a while). 

See https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/182.

• JonJon Member
    okay thanks!
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited April 2016
    Nope they have bin broken since Homey left the womb. Never have worked like they should
  • Have 0.8.34 since yesterday, rebooted couple of times. Sunrise and sunset still not working. Does it work on your device with 0.8.34?
  • @thayoung1 did you change your triggers? For me 0.8.34 is the first one that triggers on sunrise. No sunset yet because I changed my flows after sunset yesterday, will know more in an hour or so.
  • I did change the trigger card (saw that begin / end was removed). Let's test it together in a couple of hours ;)
  • thayoung1 said:
    I did change the trigger card (saw that begin / end was removed). Let's test it together in a couple of hours ;)
    Yesterday evening  and this morning where working already . Will let you know in one hour.
  • Looking...
  • Just got the Push message Sunset :)
  • posthokposthok Member
    First time using sunset/sunrise is always workin. The second day not, although this was in version 8.32. 
    Look like there is no reset for the folowing day.
  • Well, didn't receive anything, when I tried to logon to my homey I found out it's offline :( Everthing else is reachable, so won't be able to report anything sensible about the sunrise and sunset triggers untill I'm near my homey :(
  • Worked, Will inform tomorrow morning again.
  • It works again, maybe triggered twice, have to look at it why I got 2 push msg.
  • p0ntsp0nts Member
    Bought myself a fibaro motion sensor instead, checking with lux value now instead of sunrise.
  • No push message this morning . State of this issue seems to be the same as 0.8.32 (not fixed). I thought it was fixed because it was mentioned on Slack (https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/21722/#Comment_21722). 
  • Sunset yesterday evening and this morning worked here.
  • gerbenzgerbenz Member
    Worked here too sunset
    now lookibg for toonight without reboot
  • Both sunset and sunrise have worked since the install of 0.8.34, no reboots yet :)
  • Can't test it. App doesn't seem to work (get a GUID on my screen / no devices) and storing the date/time in a new betterlogic var is also not an option because betterlogic isn't working on 0.8.34 (cannot save new variables). :'( 

Anybody an idea? 
  • gerbenzgerbenz Member
    Sunset also here working without reboot
  • working ok on .34
  • Not working anymore since yesterday (0.8.34)
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited May 2016
    Now you mentioned it, yesterday also no sunset trigger..... the day before it was triggered and the flows said; "sunset ends, lights on".

But have to say I was working on/with Homey so maybe it was rebooting/crashed on the sunset time....
  • Jon said:
    I have set a couple of flows with the trigger 'Sunrise started...', 'Sunrise ended...', and the same for sunset. To be really sure that the flow runs, I let send a push notification to my mobile as a proof.
    Test works fine.
    However, in real life it doesn't work. I do not see the flow running neither do I receive a push notification.
    And no, there are no other triggers than only 1 per flow (of the 4 above mentioned).

Now if I replace the 'sunrise' / 'sunset' triggers by a defined hour/minute, then the flows work fine.
    Anyone who knows what causes the problem?
    De sunset / sunrise triggers seem to work for me on 0.8.34.

By the way  does somebody know how to trigger an action at half an hour before sunset?
    Of course I could use a delay of 23 and a half hours to trigger it the next day, but I would rather use some kind of variable.
     B) 

• spoellyspoelly Member
    They are working for me also, have a question though. 
    Is there a way to turn on the lights 30 minutes before sunset?
  • Delay it by 23.5 hours.
  • mbalik79 said:
    Not working anymore since yesterday (0.8.34)
    Sorry  ;) ...I did not save the flow... Tonight I'm gonna try it again
  • spoellyspoelly Member
    Delay it by 23.5 hours.
    Sorry i don't follow that, wat do you mean?
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    If you delay it 23,5 hours, then the next day the flow end 30 min. before sunset. With the great workaround you will be abele to run something XX min "before" (actually after) sunset.
  • posthokposthok Member
    Set the sunset trigger and delay the lights on trigger 23,5 hours. This way your lights turn on an half hour before sunset.