This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Blog - Technical introduction homey

honeyhoney Member
edited April 2016 in Questions & Help
@Emile ; Thank you so much for this informative article. Very well explains things and busts some misconceptions. Till now I believed that there is more than 1 IR receiver (360 baby). Also we believed that the server is pick the speech2text result only by speed....

Would it be possible that we could set a speech2text service a preference on Homey (that would be forwarded with the voice)?
Like:

Service1: Low priority
Service2: High priority
Service3: Don`t use 

It would also provide useful statistic for you. Just an idea. At least in the beta phase....

Appreciate the time and effort you have put in the article.

Comments

• I agree, thanks a lot for taking the time to write all this down. Very informative!
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited April 2016
    Yes, interesting read!
    Some remarks; only the numbers 1-4 are shown for the parts on the pcb and there seems to be some text missing in the third paragraph of the firmware section 'a full image is server.' 
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited April 2016
    ...Some remarks; only the numbers 1-4 are shown for the parts on the pcb...
    All numbers are shown on the pcb? (must be me misunderstanding...)image
  • 8 is 868 MHz and 9 is Z-wave so two radio's for the same frequency? Great :)
    10 is Zigbee, running on 2400? So the same frequency as Bluetooth?Or also on the 868-band?
  • 8 is 868 MHz and 9 is Z-wave so two radio's for the same frequency? Great :)
    10 is Zigbee, running on 2400? So the same frequency as Bluetooth?Or also on the 868-band?
    Bluetooth, wifi, zigbee, all 2400mhz, what's your point? You mean they should have used only 1 radio? That's not how it works ;) 
  • ...Some remarks; only the numbers 1-4 are shown for the parts on the pcb...
    All numbers are shown on the pcb? (must be me misunderstanding...)
    No, I wasn't that clear, I mean the partlist actualy.