This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Voice commands

Comments

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited April 2016
    @Julian approach is great!
    It avoids the built-in keywords and still does what he want; turn lights off!

I think a lot of people think;
    Lets make a test flow, hmmmm what can i easily do???
    I see Light!!
    Oh yeah lets make a lights on/off flow!!

Few simple clicker the clicks with the awesome easy Flow Manager and the flow is done AND all light commands are broke  3

Same for Radio/TV on/off etc.

So my idea is that the possibility to make this flows create a big negative side effect; breaking homey's voice/flows.
    (OK its not breaking voice, but if somebody says; "OK Homey, turn light off" and nothing happens, then a lot of people will think; Making the flow was that easy, that can't be wrong, so voice is not recognizing me and is broke....)

JustMy1Cent

• Yes  same here, many  ok's trigger homey,  ok Pino (just tried) even Holy shit works...  
    but also about 50% of my voice commands work and some are not. and I have to say them more than once..
    Its quite random, so i'm looking foreward to the next update 
  • EdoEdo Member
    Wouldn't it be better if we just get all the standard voice controls just as flows available to us. This way we can see and learn how these work and adjust just the way we like it. It also prevents us guessing all the standard flows. (I realize this might have been mentioned before).
  • Robert said:
    I am working on a list of built-in voice commands to put on the website. Unfortunately it will still take some time before it's completed, but in the meantime I can occasionally post phrases here as I am adding/updating speech functionality. For example, lighting speech commands are getting an update as of version 0.8.31. Some of the things you will be able to say: 
    turn on the lights
    turn off the lights
    change the lights to green
    change the lights to white
    change the lights to warm white
    turn on the lights in the living room and set them to orange

To adjust brightness:
    dim the lights to X percent
    I want you to dim the lights
    turn up the lights 
    turn down the lights
    turn on the lights and turn them up all the way 
    increase the brightness of the lights all the way

The same functionality will also be available in Dutch as of version 0.8.31
    An idea here:
    Would it be possible to (individually) disable certain build-in voice commands? For example, as far as I know, everything I say with 'music' or 'play' in it (or something along those lines), homey tries to start something in it's build-in media app. I have no music in there, as I do all my music via Kodi. Because these triggers are build in, I cannot use them for triggers at Kodi (and, honestly, it's annoying to hear homey say 'There are no media apps installed').

Individual disabling of build-in voice commands would, in my eyes, fix this and similar cases.
  • I also experienced voice recognition problems with v0.8.30. I had a bling sound via the soundboard App when Homey started listening. Removing this gave better results in recognition. English works sometimes, Dutch isn't working right.

A reboot / restart helps getting things better but still, it is bad at the moment. Hoping for better results in the future.  
  • I can conform this but one funny experions occured when my wife yesterday say " ok pino"  homey it triggerd flows? ?? Now we use ok pino all the time and seems to trigger even Better than "ok homey"
    "OK Henkie"  seems to work most of the time s as well.....weird.. i`m on 0.8.29
  • I can conform this but one funny experions occured when my wife yesterday say " ok pino"  homey it triggerd flows? ?? Now we use ok pino all the time and seems to trigger even Better than "ok homey"
    I have so many false positives, I'm afraid I'm going to wear out the orange leds... :neutral: 
    In a completely silent room, I move a chair and Homey starts listening!
  • Fire69 said:
    I can conform this but one funny experions occured when my wife yesterday say " ok pino"  homey it triggerd flows? ?? Now we use ok pino all the time and seems to trigger even Better than "ok homey"
    I have so many false positives, I'm afraid I'm going to wear out the orange leds... :neutral: 
    I have the same when i close my window. (schuifraam). It just starts listening
  • No issues with that at all, I was pleasantly surprised by the speech recognition to be honest...
    No response to the TV, no response to OK, Henkie and no response to loud talking of the kids or of us.
    The only thing it responds to is OK, homo. But that's not that far off the actual name  >:)
  • I've got a lot of false positives as well!
    When I'm watching a movie it starts listening all the time!

Interesting thing is that a friend of me @carelpeer has almost no false positives.
    Difference between his homey and mine is that I used the 'Improve OK Homey detection' setting and he did not.

Could it be that using the: Improve OK Homey detection actually makes it worse?
    Is there a way to reset it to it's default value?
  • That could indeed be the case, I haven't used it either because it was working fine out of the box...
  • No issues with that at all, I was pleasantly surprised by the speech recognition to be honest...
    No response to the TV, no response to OK, Henkie and no response to loud talking of the kids or of us.
    The only thing it responds to is OK, homo. But that's not that far off the actual name  >:)
    LOL !! 
  • 2mv2mv Member
    That was a very very big pink elephant in the room
  • Mesomelas said:
    I've got a lot of false positives as well!

Interesting thing is that a friend of me @carelpeer has almost no false positives.
    Difference between his homey and mine is that I used the 'Improve OK Homey detection' setting and he did not.

Allright just did a full reset and guess what, OK Homey detection works a LOT better now!
    So the improve OK Homey detection actually seems to make it a lot worse...  :/

Issue can be found here:
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/483
  • Yeah, I skipped the 'improve Ok Homey' part because it worked already very good out of the box :smile: Glad I did so. Ok Homey works for about 90% for me, also my kids get it to work on Ok Homey (driving the wife nuts :wink:)

Only when it does not process a speech input correctly (so Orange > White > Nothing) you have to wait a about 2 seconds before the next OK Homey. I think there is some sort of delay before Homey is ready for listening again.
  • Mesomelas said:
    Mesomelas said:

Allright just did a full reset and guess what, OK Homey detection works a LOT better now!

Issue can be found here:
    A full reset meaning removal of all apps/flows/etc, or a restart and re-connection to wifi while keeping the settings?
  • Mesomelas said:
    Mesomelas said:

Issue can be found here:
    A full reset meaning removal of all apps/flows/etc, or a restart and re-connection to wifi while keeping the settings?

A full reset meaning removal of all data.
    I didn't test keeping the data.
  • Fire69 said:
    I can conform this but one funny experions occured when my wife yesterday say " ok pino"  homey it triggerd flows? ?? Now we use ok pino all the time and seems to trigger even Better than "ok homey"
    same, I also gives watching TV a new dimension. Sometimes the lights go on/off, music starts playing. its a totally new experience for me. 

Thnx Athom, for making my life excited again ;)
  • To add to the list:

- What are you?
    - How are you doing?
    - What is the meaning of life?

• Mesomelas said:

My problems started after doing the training too...
    I tried completing the training for months, didn't work.
    As a test, I logged on with my daughter's login and she could complete the training in 1 go!  :o
    But I regret having done that now  :(
  • With no training, the OK Homey trigger works great over here. After that, Homey most of the time don't understand us. I did find out that it better regognizes words from the dictionairy, then things like names.

I made a flow to improve de KAF (Kid Acceptance Factor). When the trigger was 'Elsa', it didn't work. Homey didn't understand it. But with the trigger 'Frozen' it works almost every time.
  • I'm also have received Homey this week. I've installed it, and mentioned that it was a very disappointment to use it.
    Now we are tree days later, and i'm gonna like it/get used to it.
    I've expected a more Siri look a like. I'm understand that not everything is correctly parsed by Homey. This is also where is see the potential of homey in a couple of months.

If Siri doesn't understand me, he gives me feedback. "I don't know what that means. If you like, I can search the web for 'Input speech'."
    This is a very handy feedback. But i'm als see the downside of it. Because Homey also listening when I'm watching the news of the TV. I'm not want hearing every 10 seconds: "I don't know what that means.".
    So this could be a useful addition to Homey, but not right now if the Homey triggers when your not want to.

Overall i'm very happy with this nice piece of my life.
  • Fire69 said:
    You can't make flows with 'light'  or 'lamp'  in it. Those will never work correctly... 
    When I say Lights Off, Homey states that there are no Light.
    I made a flow with KAKU that when I say Lights off the flow will start to turn the lights off.
    Curios thing is that the flow works, and when it runs, Homey states that he can't find any light to turn of, while the lights go off. :smile: 

• Fire69 said:
    You can't make flows with 'light'  or 'lamp'  in it. Those will never work correctly... 
    I made a flow with KAKU that when I say Lights off the flow will start to turn the lights off.
    Curios thing is that the flow works, and when it runs, Homey states that he can't find any light to turn of, while the lights go off. :smile: 

What KaKu device is that?  Maybe Homey defines it as a wall plug and because of that he doesn't know a light is connected to it? :smile: 
  • JanHJanH Member
    edited April 2016
    Experimenting with my new pet since tuesday I am coming across a lot of sensations, both positive and negative.
    At this place I like to share the change from negative into positive while trying to let Homey listen and answer.
    Until today sometimes it seemed to listen but was not able to understand and/or to answer on my standard commands like "what is the time". At other moments it was completely "east-Indian" (for the Dutch readers). I tried again and again in English and Dutch. And then suddenly, and partly because of I was triggered by some remarks I read at this forum, I took Homey from my living into my study and placed it close (less than 1 meter) to me and my Mac. I started the voice training, which I did not do before, and walked very fast through the five steps (just 7 attempts for 5 steps). From that moment Homey listened and gave the right answers, both in Dutch and even better in English. I took the beloved pet back to its original place and also there it behaved itself in a very proper way.

So my advise for Homeyans with the same experiences: do not ask why, but try!
  • Fire69 said:
    Fire69 said:

What KaKu device is that?  Maybe Homey defines it as a wall plug and because of that he doesn't know a light is connected to it? :smile: 
    I use a KAKU remote on off option.
    Homey sees it like this:

• Fire69 said:
    same, I also gives watching TV a new dimension. Sometimes the lights go on/off, music starts playing. its a totally new experience for me. 

Haha yes that's really funny :) I've had the same experience. But @MarvinSchenkel 's Kodi App, gives the opportunity to turn off the mic when a Kodi is playing. And so peace trancends back to movie time :wink:
    (thanks Marvin) 

• Fire69 said:

Haha yes that's really funny :) I've had the same experience. But @MarvinSchenkel 's Kodi App, gives the opportunity to turn off the mic when a Kodi is playing. And so peace trancends back to movie time :wink:
    (thanks Marvin) 

I had exactly the same when the TV was playing. I've done a reset and didn't do voice calibration and now it doesn't happen anymore. It even works way better :)
  • RonnORonnO Member
    BasPost said:
    Goodmorning all, I have also received my Homey yesterday and install wen't ok, wifi setup I had to do twice, but it worked. I have updated to experimental 0.8.30 and setup Homey in Dutch because of my family. My question regarding voice is, could you alter the speed of the output voice? I'm having troubles with following what is spoken, such like a "wiki" speech output, it is going very fast. Chosen voice is: "Ruben"
    Hi BasPost,
    I had the same issue and I fixed it by placing a comma after each word that Homey should say. This way you are forcing Homey to pause after each word spoken.
  • 2Be2Be Member
    I don't think the wikipedia people like it when you edit every wiki entry and place a comma after every word. It is also a lot of work btw.