This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Scenes/flows in app

I have my homey now and I love it!
The only hard thing is the speech recognition, that's why I would like to suggest to have in the app a button were we can run the scenes/flows by clicking a button instead of running it only through speech. That would be really great!

Comments

• Widgets will be added at some point to the smartphone apps. For the time being this may be of use: https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/13981/#Comment_13981
  • you can simulate speech here http://homey.local/manager/speech-input
  • I've searched the forum and this thread was the closest to my question. Does anyone know if it's possible to add a button (device) to 'home' so it will be visible right away when you open the Homey app? 
    At the moment I have the heatlink in there but would love to add some triggers for different scenes, preferably with a nice button.
  • RikPost said:
    I've searched the forum and this thread was the closest to my question. Does anyone know if it's possible to add a button (device) to 'home' so it will be visible right away when you open the Homey app? 
    At the moment I have the heatlink in there but would love to add some triggers for different scenes, preferably with a nice button.

Not possible. 

If I'm right then there is already a github.com issue for this (but mister GitHub will probably correct me) 
  • did it with iftt, action button is on my homescreen instead of the app
  • Thanks for the ideas! For now I'm using the Home Remote app on my Iphone together with the HTTP app in Homey.
    It's working fine but buttons on the home screen on the Homey app would be great as well. Perhaps I have to dig up some coding skills and try to make a simple 'Virtual Button' app.
  • glijieglijie Member
    edited December 2016
    maybe i don't understand the question but if i do,  you can already make a virtual button in homey wich you can see and use in the app
  • No, at the moment it's not possible to add virtual buttons to Homey that will be visible in the app. There are some work arounds with the better logic app but that's not what I'm looking for. 
    Perhaps Athom will add this feature, would be great to add a virtual activation device especially when you are also able to choose the icon of it.
  • glijieglijie Member
    edited December 2016
    strange, then I don't understand your question indeed. I use about 10 + virtual buttons I made and these are visible in the app. and those aren't made with  better logic
  • How did you made them? 
  • glijieglijie Member
    edited December 2016
    1: go to  zones and devices
    2: click on the +
    3: go to klik aan klik uit
    4: click on the AC-1000 --> f.e.
    5:click generate signal 
    6: click next
    7: click next
    8: make a selection of the 5 choices you get
    9: et voila
    10: change the AC-1000 name in your desired name and you have a button you see in app and you can use as you like 

here an example of mine
    Of course if this is what you mean:-)

• Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited December 2016
    @glijie, that's the same principle as using a BL bitflip device.
    I think with BL it's a bit more flexible because you can work with the corresponding variables more easily. 
  • yes you are right...but it is virtual...it is not BL and it is visible in the Homey app....the only thing is that you can't change the icon....
    almost everything what was ask for. 
  • I will give it a try! Thanks for the help 
  • I'm going to give a +1 for this...

Coming from a HomeWizard to Homey, the one thing I think is missing are Scenes and Presets. To quickly change things from my phone when needed.

So Presets would be something like, "Home", "Away", Vacation", "Sleep". So then certain flows are only activated if that preset is active. And then these presets should be shown in the app so that you can change this while away from home if needed for example.

Scenes would really just be widgets for the flows I guess, which are also shown as widgets in the app; basically as described here in the posts above. Ie, activating the "Watch TV" scene dims the lights, turns on the tv and closes the blinds; and then of course turning the scene off would do the opposite (or what ever else you have set). At the moment I'm ding this with a physical KAKU remote and flows, but it would be easier if they were all widgets in the app.