This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Volume settings

Can we please get volume settings in homey itself just like the settings for the ledring, and preferably it should be extended with a schedule option. I've made this mockup and posted it in another thread, but I think it deserves it's own thread:

Comments

• It definitely deserve a own dedicated topic!

+1
  • PandaPanda Member
    Yes please, this should just be a settings thing instead of creating flows for this behaviour.
  • To be honest I don't see the added value of this when Athom introduces grouped flows. Create 8 flows in your 'volume' group and you're done.
  • Tell that to the average MM buyer.
  • PandaPanda Member
    People expect volume to be controlled in the settings page, just like you expect to change the brightness of the led ring under settings.
  • That's something that would be great, perhaps with an test button next to it.
    But in my opinion the flows are great for time based settings for volume/LED ring.
  • Plus, I'm not saying control per flow should be disabled, that can be used as a 'override' for whatever reason until the next change in schedule is there.
    (Kinda like a good old Honeywell chronotherm ;) )
  • SommoSommo Member
    +1
  • this scedule should be a great help. creating flows work. but if it becomes more complex, you'll end up with 10+ flows instead of one overview... its kind of silly to have so much flows for only the sound volume.

(maybe combine this with the brightness of your LED ring)
  • @emile can you please comment on this idea/suggestion?
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    I've actually had an idea like this myself some time ago, but also to create schedules for any numeric value, such as light dim values. Gotta think it through though :)
  • Great! For any numeric value would be the bomb! But let's start with volume to see if it works :)
  • Emile said:
    I've actually had an idea like this myself some time ago, but also to create schedules for any numeric value, such as light dim values. Gotta think it through though :)
    Perhaps combine it with this suggestion for a scheduler app.

https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/13046/#Comment_13046
  • DJF3DJF3 Member
    *REALLY* need a way to control the voice volume through software.
    During the day the volume is ok but in the evening it's way to loud..
    With that volume I cannot even use it and have to put it in my home office :-(
    SCHEDULE for volume? Absolutely fantastic.

PS. So there is currently no way to even set the volume permanently?
  • Just use a flow and press test to set the volume down... :)
  • I created 2 flows:
    Talk louder -> set volume to 70%
    Be quiet -> set volume to 6%

Works like a charm
  • I can't seem to get this flow to work. I've created a flow and set the volume to 7%, pressed test. Afterwards Homey is still annoyingly loud.
    When I voice activate the flow "ok homey, be quiet", homey stopped listening to any further voice commands afterwards?

Just to confirm: I use the Speaker - Set Volume card, right? That makes sense, but it seems to set the microphone volume instead or something.
  • p0ntsp0nts Member
    could someone screenshot the flow?

thanks in advance!
  • The volume at the moment is configured "wrong"
    it is configured like 0 - 10 (0 = off,  10 = 100%)
    And not 0 - 100
    This is a known issue
  • @caseda ;
    Not completely true!
    In the last update(0.8.30) this issue is fixed.
    And this issue only occurs in (i thought) releases 0.8.24 - 0.8.29.
  • p0ntsp0nts Member
    MarcoF said:
    @caseda ;
    Not completely true!
    In the last update(0.8.30) this issue is fixed.
    And this issue only occurs in (i thought) releases 0.8.24 - 0.8.29.
    is that update unstable? My homey is still on 0.8.29
  • SommoSommo Member
    yes p0nts, is a beta
  • p0ntsp0nts Member
    Sommo said:
    yes p0nts, is a beta
    thx!
  • +1 for a shedule that can be used in flows. Not only for voice, but for everything! 

For now this works great:

• Please +1 on the topic title!
  • +1 for a shedule that can be used in flows. Not only for voice, but for everything! 

For now this works great:

What if a flow starts and Homey says something? This means you have to put in every flow to set the volume lower?
    And if he says Can't reach server this will be loud? can you set this to an other volume level?
  • If you set the volume to lower in a flow it will remain lower in every flow that follows until the volume is set to a higher value (in a different flow, for now)
  • I am on 0.8.30 and the problem does not seem to have been resolved with the volume, I have to take the volume down to 5% in a flow before the wife stops complaining. Anything more is just too loud. I would advise to give the possibility to change the volume under settings in the GUI and also make a stop or pause option in the GUI for music as it's not very handy having to make flows or send a cli to make these actions (yes I know this is beta but just suggestions and advice). Also the default volume should be a normal level when sending out to retail and not as loud as it is now. :wink: 

• Aha just found the way of stopping the music using the speech input (speech controller) :smile: 

Just go to http://ip.of.your.homey/manager/speech-input/ and type in stop or pause.