This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Cannot pair with klikaanklikuit remote

The title says it all. Disabled the LEDring... no change. Tried the dimmer itself to pair... not possible. Untill now my experience with Homey is one great disappointment.

Comments

• Homey is still highly Beta (maybe even Alpha) so relax, take your time and see whats happens.

Also its very useful to share more about what you've tried such as which apps you installed, which remote/dimmer you try to pair.
  • JaxcJaxc Member
    edited April 2016

I have paired Kaku, Somfy, Z-wave, Harmony hub, and have them all working.

Can you tell more detailed, what you did try, what firmware you are on, and what is not working, and what is working OK...

What Kaku devices do you try to pair ? what remote?  Older Kaku devices are, not yet, working. The ones you need to configure with numeric rings.

• I installed the KlikAanKlikUit app. I tried to pair with my old remote (YCT-102)... not succesfull. I tried the code checker... nothing happens. I tried to pair with several dimmers (old and new) I have... not succesfull.

I also tried to add my TV (Sharp LC40LE924E). Well....   click on infrared - automatic. Can press any button on my remote. in My.Athom the buttons pop up... but pressing all available buttons nothing happens --> no button wih next or something with that.

I know it´s a new product... but reading others have less problems than I... makes me wonder. Normally I get everything working but this time it is a pain in the XXX.
  • Rj said:
    I installed the KlikAanKlikUit app. I tried to pair with my old remote (YCT-102)... not succesfull. I tried the code checker... nothing happens. I tried to pair with several dimmers (old and new) I have... not succesfull.
    See the bug-reports. There's a bug with Kaku-remotes which will be solved this afternoon or tomorrow...

Rj said:
    I also tried to add my TV (Sharp LC40LE924E). Well....   click on infrared - automatic. Can press any button on my remote. in My.Athom the buttons pop up... but pressing all available buttons nothing happens --> no button wih next or something with that.
    The database of remotes isn't very extensive. If you type sharp in the search-field, do you see your remote? If not, you can choose the other option: Add your remote manually...
  • Homey has version 0.8.29
    KAKU remote yct-102 
    KAKU remote tmt-502

de-installed KAKU app

installed again KAKU app

No change
  • KAKU dimmer = AC-300
    KAKU ACD-1000

still no change
  • Nothing is working at all
  • Maybe check if there're issues related to your issues on Git and/or create some issues concerning your issues.
  • https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/52
    both remotes aren't supported yet. The AC-300 and ACD-1000 should work though, I think I have these @home.
  • Rj said:
    I installed the KlikAanKlikUit app. I tried to pair with my old remote (YCT-102)... not succesfull. I tried the code checker... nothing happens. I tried to pair with several dimmers (old and new) I have... not succesfull.
    See the bug-reports. There's a bug with Kaku-remotes which will be solved this afternoon or tomorrow...

Rj said:
    The database of remotes isn't very extensive. If you type sharp in the search-field, do you see your remote? If not, you can choose the other option: Add your remote manually...
    I tried to add my remote manually ...but that also doesn't work. 

But it seems that my input isn't appreciated (MarcoF) so I close this thread and withdraw from this forum. 

• JaxcJaxc Member
    edited April 2016

Maybe MarcoF doesnt mean it as bad as it seems, I do wonder why he keeps bashing people about things, when he doesnt have a homey himself.. And although he keeps pushing people to do as he would like. In stead of accepting this community is about <3 and understanding and helping eachother out....

Maybe some people yust want to work with there homey , not knowing how github, slack etc work...

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited April 2016
    OK! Now i'm the bad guy......

If a user has no knowledge about Email, Slack, Git, Forums, Kickstarter, etc. then Homey is probably, in this fase, nothing for that user. Else he can create great opening posts, email to support@athom.com, ask on Slack, etc.

And since when only Homey owners are aloud here? There are still a big bunch of pre-order guys with no homeys active here.
    Also said before; When Homey is more stable I get one from MM :smile:

Also if a users experience with homey is one great disappointment then (s)he could better pull the plug and wait for a much more stable firmware release.
    Recently a very known/experienced/techie person on this forum also pull the plug.

:heart:
  • No no no, not just now!

(sorry, couldn't let that one go  >:)
  • I known Danee! :love: 

>:) 
  • I have a lot KAKU double wall switches in my home. Type nr. AWST-8802
    If i wanna learn this switch in homey, homey doesn't recieve any signal from the switch? Why?
    I already asked bij the apps page but als there no satisfaction answer.

• Do you have a remote for those switches? If so, pair the remote with your Homey and use that to control your switches.
  • JaxcJaxc Member
    KAKU seems broken after this new update???
    I deleted and reionstalled KaKU but no go?
    Any news on this?
    using kaku 1.1.1
    Firrmware 0.8.30

Using APA3-1500R wall socket
    And APA3-1500R remote

Both worked previous version

• multireply ?
  • Same here. Also tried to pair the remote with homey. But homey doesn't recognizes the remote. 
    I used a TMT-502 remote to pair.

• navoxxnavoxx Member
    edited April 2016
    Over here, ASUN-650 not being usable since devicetype blinds not recognizing signal from TMT-502 remote.

Cannot pair my ASUN-650 for wallmounted sunscreen, all other COCO devices work perfectly. Codechecker is not showing data also. Tried with "blinds" as devicetype.

On/Off device triggers OK, but then no function like go-stop halfway when go pressed again-full stop. Pressing OFF reverses direction, so not usable. Any ideas ?

Using kaku 1.1.1
    Firrmware 0.8.30
  • fiekfiek Member
    edited April 2016
    Hi all.
    Also here KAKU not working anymore since 08.30. both adding remotes and sockets is not possible
  • I just tried adding the APA3-1500R sockets, but Homey doesn't recognize them. These socket switches don't have a button to put them in pairing mode. When you plug them in, they are in pairing mode for a couple of seconds automatically. Homey doesn't recognize them in these seconds.

When trying to learn Homey the code through the remote, it does seem to register the button presses. But after saving and testing the socket switch in the next step of the "Add device" interface, the switch doesn't respond. I'm using the AYCT-102 remote control.

I'm running 0.8.39 and have tried turning the Homey off and on a few times.

What can I do to get this to work or help you with diagnosing this problem?
  • They steeds updating the apps ons by one. Kaku Will be the last one! They started with Hema today. 

So hold your breath and wait a little longer! 
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    There's no release timeline for the new apps and so its could take weeks for the new KaKu app.

So be careful with "little longer" ;)
  • @MarcoF don't want to kick your shins but you sound al little frustreted.
    Know the feeling but had it with my homewizard in early stage. But that was a retail product.

But you are right! Had high hopes for today. But the apps are already made! They only want to make sure the don't break stuff. So if there will be few bugs, I geuss the releases will be faster. So we can, sort of, track it! 
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    @tim1990 don't want to kick your .... i'm kicking nobody so never mind....

I'm not frustrated, because I PTP of my Homey :)

The apps are not "made", the are "generated".
    The issue with generating apps is that in the worst case the generator need to be fixed and all apps needs to be generated/tested again.

Generating apps will take much less time then "written by hand", but on the other hand fixing the generator and generate all apps again AND test all apps again will take some time.

If there's a big bug/issue with the generator then it can take some time to fix it, generate the new apps, test the new apps and release the new apps.

So be careful with it ;)
  • MantletMantlet Member
    edited July 2016
    tim1990 said:
    They steeds updating the apps ons by one. Kaku Will be the last one! They started with Hema today. 

So hold your breath and wait a little longer! 
    Thanks, I'll wait without holding my breath though ;-)
    I'm rather new to Homey, where can I have a look at the current planning of development?

Think I found it. Just started reading the announcements at the top of the forum...
  • I have bought a set of kaku devices at Aldi , the number on the remote is SN5555 and AA48/16B.
    Homey will not connect using any of the examples in the klikaanklikuit app.
    Can you add support for these in the app or is there a way to connect to any kaku device by letting Homey recognise the remote signal?
    Also my old Philips devices SBC SR 315 are not recognised. Can you also look into that?
  • @MickVanGool ;

There is an Aldi app available, doesn't that work?