This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Z-Wave Remote

Since the range of my 433mhz is limited and won't reach Homey form my bedroom i'm wondering if a Z-wave remote like the, Zwaveme en AONLABS afstandsbediening could work in this case. Are the Z-Wave (plus) classes in Homey prepared for these remotes?  

Could you please advise on this @Taco? If a tester or remote like this is needed to test i'm willing to provide Athom with a remote to implement these Z-Wave classes.

Thanks!

Comments

• TacoTaco Member
    We're planning to support the Central Scheme command class in the future. If your remote supports that command class it should be compatible.
  • ArjanArjan Member
    Taco said:
    We're planning to support the Central Scheme command class in the future. If your remote supports that command class it should be compatible.
    Ok, will do some research for this command class and wait patiently until this is supported.

Thanks
  • Nirvana is where the house does all the thinking for you but until that moment we will have the need for a remote. As well as Arjan I was looking at the Zwave.Me remote since I'm looking for a remote that doesn't look like a kids toy and has more than ten buttons. Any luck on connecting it to Homey?
  • @DatDus, Bought a NodOn remote instead. Works like a charm.
This discussion has been closed.