This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Add Z-wave device

ReemsterReemster Member
edited April 2016 in Questions & Help
I have some z-wave Homepro zir010, and Ezmotion motion sensors. i try to add them, but Homey don't find them (yes, i press the learning mode) is that because (maybe) the z-wave devices are to old? or that Homey just don't accept all z-wave devices?

Comments

• Did you reset after decoupling from your existing system? Could be that it is still paired.
  • Uranday said:
    Did you reset after decoupling from your existing system? Could be that it is still paired.
    No, it's a long time ago that they where connected to a existing system. Is that a big problem? i did'nt know that...

can i throw them away now?  :o
  • No, follow the exclude procedure from within the Z-wave page off Homey. After that include it again.
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited April 2016
    Shouldn't be a problem.
    On the z-wave settings page, use the 'remove node' button and put your device in inclusion/exclusion/learn mode.
    Even when it's not linked to your homey, he can send a signal to the device to remove it, and it will reset itself.

If that goes well, you should be able to include it correctly after that.

[edit]
    sorry @kasteleman, forgot to refresh the page, didn't see your post :smile: 
  • ok, thanks guys. i shall try that 
  • Reemster said:
    Uranday said:
    Did you reset after decoupling from your existing system? Could be that it is still paired.
    No, it's a long time ago that they where connected to a existing system. Is that a big problem? i did'nt know that...

can i throw them away now?  :o
    If it was connected to an existing system, you need to reset your device. Consult the manual of your device on how to do so. 
  • How Come mine fibaro motion sensor would not pair with homey? The Walley switch was no problem.  

• Fire69 said:
    Shouldn't be a problem.
    On the z-wave settings page, use the 'remove node' button and put your device in inclusion/exclusion/learn mode.
    Even when it's not linked to your homey, he can send a signal to the device to remove it, and it will reset itself.

If that goes well, you should be able to include it correctly after that.

[edit]
    sorry @kasteleman, forgot to refresh the page, didn't see your post :smile: 
    @Fire69 No problem, you have explained it much more in detail! :)
  • ArjanArjan Member
    edited April 2016
    How Come mine fibaro motion sensor would not pair with homey? The Walley switch was no problem.  

https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/400
  • Just wondering ,did somebody manager the homepro zir010 to het reorganized by thee homey system ?