This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Version 0.8.17

2»

Comments

• My Homey is dead too after the last update. Normal boot: Orange and after a while red. upside-down boot: purple.
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    edited February 2016
    Don't know if @emile has already read the feedback on this forum, but he definitely is aware of the Homey-not-starting issue on Github:

https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/103

"Please help me isolate the issue:
    1. When booting normally (orange ring), does it seem to 'flicker' once?
    2. Does Homey go to recovery (plug it in, turn Homey on it's head áfter 10s)?"

• Just ran the update:
    - bluetooth -> nothing same error as in the previous version.
    - infra-red still nothing (tested with: Philips TV, iTV KPN, Pioneer amplifier, PACE satreceiver)
    - KIKU still not good: you can add remotes and switches, but switches are not shown in "devices" in the Flow scheme, remote works fine and is fully functional.
    ELRO remotes: are not shown in "devices"in the flow scheme.
    Also, someone tried to add 20 + Hue lamps in a flow? you can not change the action per bulb (are out of the screen). 
    So far I feel more like an alfa tester rather then a beta tester.... :-)
    BTW I get quit a lot of sever notifications .... that doesnt help testing either.
    However, keep up the good work and let the updates roll in ....
    Okay. an update on my posting:
    bluetooth still down.
    infra red, issue was (partially fixed by athom (kuddo's) (MarcoF thanks for the heads up) I was able to register 3 remotes, then seemed older issue came  back (tested several times with diffrent remotes (stops responding in the same sequence step)
    ELRO remotes (same as HEMA) I now registerd as power outlet, no issue (I built mine in terrace heaters, so tried to register as heater), registring as Hema works exactly the same.(also as power outlet please).
    So now am finalizing all Flows, and further with KIKU, and on from there.. 
  • It is just me or does Homey respond better to "Hey Homey" instead of "OK homey"?
  • Same for me.
  • What is the best way to train your voice input,
    when i klik the improve OK HOMEY accuracy in the microphone 
    option in the settings menu, the left icon below gets into a cirkeling
    icon, then i sprak OK HOMEY then on the Homey the cirkel gets a few seconds red, nothing else happens, it wil not learning, and all the 4 icons with a slot inside stay the same, what am i do wrong ?

• What is the best way to train your voice input,
    when i klik the improve OK HOMEY accuracy in the microphone 
    option in the settings menu, the left icon below gets into a cirkeling
    icon, then i sprak OK HOMEY then on the Homey the cirkel gets a few seconds red, nothing else happens, it wil not learning, and all the 4 icons with a slot inside stay the same, what am i do wrong ?

You are probably too close by. Try saying the command from a distance in a quiet environment. The led ring will glow green when it gets the command correctly. And then you need to do this 5 times... (I also get a lot of red unfortunately, but do manage to get through it all in the end).
  • I Will try  this on a quiet moment, at a distance of 2 meter.

• BjKloostermanBjKloosterman Member
    edited February 2016

Same problem here. After the update the LED ring stays orange. Upside down doesn't do a thing...

Up side down power-up: Starts with red ring, after a few seconds it turns pink... and stays that way.

Where to find the instructions for the "recovery step"? under asserting the problem in the link.

https://forum.athom.com/discussion/696/help-my-homey-is-not-responding-after-an-update/p1

• @BjKloosterman  Please read the solution for your problem in the following thread: [HELP] My Homey is not responding after an update
  • Erwin I just changed the browser's magnification so all light cards fit the screen. But then had to change it back to 100% view in some modal dialog because a button got hidden...
This discussion has been closed.