This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

z-wave my Hood

Hi all,

Just been looking around to z-wave my hood (afzuigkap in Dutch) i don't have a standard one but one with 2 light zones and a fan. I want to keep using the touch buttons but also be able to set them by z-wave. This so when a sertain action or sensor hits a value (firealarm?) i will be able to full speed the motor.

Also i want to dubbel tap the button to light up all kitchen lights that are also z-wave.

I included the circuit drawing.

someone out there that can help?

Comments

• 1. When there is a fire you should not turn on anything! This creates an airflow increasing the fire!
    2. I would open the "Push button panel" en use a potential free contact parallel to the existing buttons.
  • @BramSloot , true, but thats the case if the airflow is created in the same room as the fire.
    is also has advantages (especially in rooms around the fire -> escape ways): 
    - it also increases the available fresh air to breath, (survival) 
    - lowers the temperature (hot air is blown out) which lowers the chance of a flash-over
    - increases visability (smoke is blown out)

So when used in the right way (I think tunf knows what he's doing ;-)), it could help a lot but could be tricky to programm that into homey. I'll leave that to Tunf to find out but I'm interested in his experience.
  • BramSloot said:
    1. When there is a fire you should not turn on anything! This creates an airflow increasing the fire!
    2. I would open the "Push button panel" en use a potential free contact parallel to the existing buttons.
    1. is the most missed one. As a firefighter i'm aware of the extra fire increase. This is exactly what i want if i'm at home / in sleep. It is the smoke that is killing us. Nowdays the first priority is to get rid of the smoke. This is not only dangerus for us but also creating a lot of damage. The bedroom is upstairs from my kitchen so i don't want smoke and fire there. To prevent this, ventilate and alarm us. I even want to start my central airflow to go maximum. This way we get rid of smoke and heat.
    2. great idea but there are 5 buttons so i basicly look fa a z-wave 5 io unit?
  • tunf said:
    2. great idea but there are 5 buttons so i basicly look fa a z-wave 5 io unit?
    Or just 2; 1.On/Off & 2.High speed.
This discussion has been closed.