This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Questions about the 20min video posted by Emile on the 6th of February

RobinVanKekemRobinVanKekem Member
edited February 2016 in Archive
1)
I was wondering what will happen if you enabled the invert/not button on the confirmation card, here:

2)
Is there some sort of favorites screen after logging in on the web interface of Homey where you can set your favorite actions like a specific insight?

Comments

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    1. Then you must say 'no' for the flow to continue :) 

2. Nope 
  • Thanks for taking the time to shoot this video  :)
    No problem! :blush: 
  • Is it possible to ask for a "password" in the "ask for confirmation" Box?  So answering a specific word or sentence let the flow continue.
  • Is it possible to give a time range by "and"in the flow?
  • Peao said:
    Is it possible to ask for a "password" in the "ask for confirmation" Box?  So answering a specific word or sentence let the flow continue.
    An password is just a string, word, sentence.
    If its possible to check on a specific spoken answer, then its possible to ask for a password.

But i think you need to ask yourself if its save to just "shout" password through your house/livingroom.....
  • PeaoPeao Member
    edited February 2016
    Password was just a token for an specific answer ;)   . Maybe I was a bit unclear. Example Flow:
    Video 13:40: But in the section, were actually the "ask for confirmation" is, could you ask for a title e.g. and use the answer as token for soundcloud.
  • Emile said:
    1. Then you must say 'no' for the flow to continue :) 

2. Nope 
    Nice, thanks.
    Is it possible to have an action on both yes and no?
  • jovink said:
    Is it possible to give a time range by "and"in the flow?
    I was also interested if time ranges are or will be supported?
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited February 2016
    fuzzybear said:
    jovink said:
    I was also interested if time ranges are or will be supported?
    Many(9) months ago @Emile asked us for some idea's for time related stuff. I believe this was one of the options many people came up with, so I'm assured that this feature will work at the moment.

Just as day/night, before/after X time on day, append/prepend delays, etc.

This topic;
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/249/input-required-flows-with-time/p1
  • Peao said:
    Is it possible to ask for a "password" in the "ask for confirmation" Box?  So answering a specific word or sentence let the flow continue.
    I think @emile once said that the confirmation card should be answered by either yes or no.
  • jovink said:
    Yes that is possible. In the flow you can make a time-range. For exmple: When button is pressed AND its's later then AND earlier then DO play music. The commands are divers, you can even add a season, etc.
  • jovink said:
    As far as I remember, the confirmation option was initially requested by me and emile said that comfirmation can consist of either yes or not, not sure if that is changed.

emile should be able to clarify that
  • p0nts said:
    jovink said:
    As far as I remember, the confirmation option was initially requested by me and emile said that comfirmation can consist of either yes or not, not sure if that is changed.

emile should be able to clarify that
    Found the topic, its at the end of page 2.

https://forum.athom.com/discussion/249/input-required-flows-with-time/
  • @Emile  what controllers/plugs can you buy at Action? I tried too find them but no luck
  • scocz said:
    @Emile  what controllers/plugs can you buy at Action? I tried too find them but no luck
    Intertek/eurodomest. Little blue/white box
  • Dountill said:
    scocz said:
    @Emile  what controllers/plugs can you buy at Action? I tried too find them but no luck
    Can you turn them on and off without having to use the remote control? and is it possible to check the status on homey itself? (so you can see when the light is off, or when it is on?)
  • scocz said:
    Dountill said:
    scocz said:
    Can you turn them on and off without having to use the remote control? and is it possible to check the status on homey itself? (so you can see when the light is off, or when it is on?)
    @scocz Yep. You can turn them on/off without a remote. (but that's the whole idea of Homey :wink: ) Homey can even create it's own signal fot those devices. Only thru variables in a flow your Homey could know if lights are switched on or off. BUT they are working on somekind of cognition so that Homey knows when somethin is turned on or off. Even when Homey didn't turn them on/off.
    edited February 2016
    Homey recognizes when you use a remote and tries to keep the interface synchronized. But 433mhz stays a highly unreliable technology..  
  • As in, Homey listens (looks?) for IR signals and assumes those have hit the target, thus changing its state?
  • As in, Homey listens (looks?) for IR signals and assumes those have hit the target, thus changing its state?
    RF not IR in this case :smile: 
  • True, missed that.
This discussion has been closed.