This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

New shipment date for Homey?

Comments

• Nice one @Stefan . Now please make us happy with delivery date estimates. Pretty please, sugar on top ;).
  • Update from Emile on Jan 28 : 
    "If everything goes right, which of course we can't guarantee, the Geek Backer (so not the pre-orders) Homeys will be sent around the 8th of February."

Now let's focus on that first...

• @stefan THX for clearing this issue!!!
  • I think this whole homey thing is a psychological exzpiriment.
    And some people failed.  ;)

Thx for the update @stefan ;
  • @nienix, I guess for some people it is some kind of experiment haha. On the other hand, we all do (i guess) understand why people react that way.

Thanks for the update @Stefan, lets focus on feb 8th! And, also pretty awesome, some videos on what's possible with homey. Seriously looking forward to that!

<3  
  • The reaction of some people is just absurd. I just can't imagine grown ups behaving like this. I would love an option to block people. It's okay to be unhappy, but I would rather not see this negativity.
  • Well, in the end it stays a safe and far away forum... But indeed some reactions are strange.

@Emile said it already before, You all get your Homey before we go to retail. On the other hand, I also can imagine that some backers/pre-orders are so excited to get their Homey that they will do almost everything to get it. [holy sound] And then the is a nice photo of a nice and shine Homey in a MM display... [/holy sound].

Please have a little faith in the guys from Athom. So far they have met all their promisses. Except for the delivery date  o:).

<3 
  • Please have a little faith in the guys from Athom. So far they have met all their promisses. Except for the delivery date  o:).
    ROFLOL :)
    But yes, for now, let's keep some good spirits and send the Athom guys some good vibes on a grey monday morning!
  • Well, when i backed this homey 2 years ago, i planned to prep my house from top to bottom ready form Homey while i was waiting. Like Homey i am running behind schedule as well. Only got a smartphone, two sonos boxes, a raspberry, two Chromecasts. Still need 2 Hue's for the living room, automated shutters, smart doorbell, some internet camera's, outdoor weatherstation, mediaplayer, pfff. Kind of glad to get some extra time.
  •  pfff. Kind of glad to get some extra time.
    Because,,, else if homey arrives your house will explode?? will it take your family hostage? will it charge you €100 for every day your not totally ready?

I dont get it.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited February 2016
    me not either.... My Vera3 screams for an replacement.....

@emile; Could you guys slow down production and deliver the Geek edition 2 (maybe 4) week later, because @TimVanSteenbergen isn't ready for Homey? 

Or if production can't slow down maybe swap Geek edition delivery dates with (super) early birds?!

:heart:
  • You guys are the worst

heart
  • @TimVanSteenbergen   I understand it. If you feel pressure from the targets you set yourself, then it is nice if an external factor is delayed so your OWN created pressure seems less necessary.  :-)  Luckily I don't have this 'problem', but I do understand you. 
  • edited February 2016
    If I tell homey to set an alarm, will Athom delay the alarm for 8 months?  :D

Hint: (june 2015 - feb 2016)

It's a joke, don't lose your panties.    ;)
  • Hahaha "I love forums  <3 "
  • Hahaha "I love forums  <3 "
    That's my sentence!! :mrgreen: 

But seriously, if the Geeks need some more time, swap delivery dates :smiley: 

• MarcoF said:
    Hahaha "I love forums  <3 "
    That's my sentence!! :mrgreen: 

But seriously, if the Geeks need some more time, swap delivery dates :smiley: 

You forgot to copyright it. And naah, the waiting has been long enough. No need for any extra delay. I have some toys by now to make my Homey not feel all alone.
  • I'm looking at it this way: the day after the last preordered unit is shipped, Athom will still be producing dozens (or whatever the number is) Homeys that don't have a buyer yet. The next day, the same will happen, as the day after, and so on.  If that is the day the negotiations for going retail would start, expensive time and money will be lost.

I just realized we will probably get our homey (depending on when we ordered) like a week before they appear on the store shelves. I feel like that's "unfair" after all the waiting we went through to get an exclusive device (no time to use our bragging rights), but i also realize it's stupid to feel that way. I must have some more growing up to do, blegh :smiley:
  • Pulsar said:
    I'm looking at it this way: the day after the last preordered unit is shipped, Athom will still be producing dozens (or whatever the number is) Homeys that don't have a buyer yet. The next day, the same will happen, as the day after, and so on.  If that is the day the negotiations for going retail would start, expensive time and money will be lost.

I just realized we will probably get our homey (depending on when we ordered) like a week before they appear on the store shelves. I feel like that's "unfair" after all the waiting we went through to get an exclusive device (no time to use our bragging rights), but i also realize it's stupid to feel that way. I must have some more growing up to do, blegh :smiley:
    You never bought an exclusive device.. You knew you bought a device that would go retail.

The way I see it: The more homeys sold, the more users, the bigger the community, the more apps.
  • Pulsar said:
    On the bright side, you get it a bit (if you're a kickstarter, a lot) cheaper than the retail price...
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited February 2016
    Pulsar said:
    I'm looking at it this way: the day after the last preordered unit is shipped, Athom will still be producing dozens (or whatever the number is) Homeys that don't have a buyer yet. The next day, the same will happen, as the day after, and so on.  If that is the day the negotiations for going retail would start, expensive time and money will be lost.

I just realized we will probably get our homey (depending on when we ordered) like a week before they appear on the store shelves. I feel like that's "unfair" after all the waiting we went through to get an exclusive device (no time to use our bragging rights), but i also realize it's stupid to feel that way. I must have some more growing up to do, blegh smiley
    My god, is this topic still being filled with nonsense speculations??

You just realized you'll get your Homey a week before they get in the stores!?  How the hell did you realize that?  Nobody gave any dates for going retail, we don't even know if they're still on track for our deliveries.

Why does everybody keep pulling dates out of their asses like they have crystal balls and can predict the future!?!?

[edit]Damnit, I did it again... Why do I keep upsetting myself by reading all this nonsense here...
  •  Fire69 said:

My god, is this topic still being filled with nonsense speculations??

That too, but nowadays it is used to spread love and have fun with people that don't get sarcasm.

"I love forums <3 " ©

• While our homeys will join our cribs soon™ I don't think that they can go retail soon after, they will need quite some stock
  • This is not going anywhere, can somebody close this thread.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited February 2016
    @DaneeDeKruyff ;;;
     Common men.... Why the copyright sign?! :heart: 

@stock ;;;
    Stock? Why? 48 mediamarkt shops,  15 homey's per shop, the need 720 homey's, 2 till 3 weeks production. 
    Piece of cake :smile: 
  • nice chatting here,
    by the way,  i was wondering, did someboy, from de geek backers, already had a adress check?
    If not, i think 8 februari is too close to send the homeys.

• I did, almost a couple of weeks ago.
  • I did, almost a couple of weeks ago.
    oke, nice,    i did not hear anything as a backer....

• Just be patience. The guys from Athom are working their asses of with everything they have.  :)

Like @Emile sayd, it helps i the moral is high. So to accalerate your Homey, post as much love as you can!  ;)

<3  <3 <3
  • Buzzling thread, indeed :)

Read about "address check" above. Im on pre-order, and patiently (and eager, of course) waiting for my turn to receive an homey. When I ordered, i got confirmation on the website and the money is witdrawn. But I never got any confirmation email.

Did you get confirmation email when you ordered? And what is the address check?

<3
This discussion has been closed.