This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Homey reminding you to place the garbage outside

Hi All,

We all want our Homey to be our house butler and one thing that I think would be very nice is that Homey would remind you to place the garbage outside by voice and push messages.

Most cities have a garbage collection calendar online that Homey could check or make use of a central garbage collection app e.g. mijnafvalkalender.nl in the Netherlands.

I am no coder, I will be starting my first domotica journey with Homey, so I am not sure if this is easy to code and to create an app for? If it is not a lot of work maybe @Athom could create an integration app in the app store, otherwise the community has to pick up.

+1 if you would like Homey to remind you to place the garbage outside and even tells you what garbage is going to be collected today/tomorrow …

Comments

• Also forgot to place the 'Kliko' outside this morning? I did and I was thinking the same, hope that it will be possible to connect Homey to a calendar. But not only for the garbage, but for everything. 

Domoticz has something like that, you can us a Google Calendar to shedule events:  https://www.domoticz.com/wiki/Interacting_with_Google_Calendar

If thats possible, Homey can tell when it's time to place the garbage outside, bu also that it's almost your weddingday and that next week its your aunts birthday. ;)
  • I would definitely like a (general) reminder system based on Google Calendar. 
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    I've actually made a prototype of this already :-) Will definitely release it in the future!
  • p0ntsp0nts Member
    edited February 2016
    ftw

• Emile said:
    I've actually made a prototype of this already :-) Will definitely release it in the future!
    Awesome!
  • Emile said:
    Thanks @Emile looking forward to it. Great job you're all doing at Athom!
  • Nice one! it also would be nice to mention what color of "kliko" must be outside :)
  • @emile : That would be great. Perhaps release it as a beta by the  end of the week? And the same for the  Deezer beta?
  • 2 scheduled flows that run every 2 weeks on the evening before "groene/zwarte bakken dag".
    Easy and will do the trick :smile: 

:heart: 

• Emile said:
    Cool!
  • But what if you also have a blue one..... . . .  .  .  .  .     .     .     .
  • But what if you also have a blue one..... . . .  .  .  .  .     .     .     .
    then you change the name of the flow and variable :wink: 
  • I know that google calendar would allow two things: running flows based on events as triggers, and asking Homey to add a new event to the calendar. These would both be awesome and really appreciated. 

I'm curious though. Would it also be possible to add an iCal subscruiption? Apple doesn't allow for external services to write to the Apple iCal, which is why I use both iCal and I have several Google Calendars synced. Would it be possible though to add an option for webcal:// ? 
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    Integrations with external calendars is on the list :) 
  • Emile said:
    Great, Fantastic, Thank You, Looking forward! 

• Tip: you can download the app:  "afvalwijzer". Based on your location you insert, it will download the data you need.
    You can set notifications and it update the data when you open the app.
  • Emile said:

CALDAV based? 
  • gerbenzgerbenz Member
    MarcoF said:
    2 scheduled flows that run every 2 weeks on the evening before "groene/zwarte bakken dag".

how can i make a flow for every 2 weeks.
    one week grijze bak next week groene bak.
    please help me
  • p0ntsp0nts Member
    gerbenz said:
    MarcoF said:
    2 scheduled flows that run every 2 weeks on the evening before "groene/zwarte bakken dag".

how can i make a flow for every 2 weeks.
    one week grijze bak next week groene bak.
    please help me
    short answer: make a weekly cycle and change a variable inside that cycle every week, lookup the variable each run to change it.
  • casedacaseda Member
    Long Answer:
    It can't be done with just one flow at the moment.
    But with two flows it is like this:

And for the second flow change the "Equal to" to "grijs" and "Set to" to "groen"

Or use the "iCalendar to Voice" app
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    Or create less garbage
  • Or just create a reminder in your calender on your phone. Then you will have the same notification:)

• bvdbosbvdbos Member
    Witwicky said:
    Or just create a reminder in your calender on your phone. Then you will have the same notification:)

https://apps.athom.com/app/nl.netactive.homey.ical2voice?query=cale

• gerbenzgerbenz Member
    Okay but here is gret container on monday and green container one week later on Tuesday
    wich flow i do need then?
  • casedacaseda Member
    @gerbenz ;
    is it this too hard to understand because it is in english?
    or is it just to hard to know that you can change the day from monday,
    to any day of the week, and the color (of the container) accordingly
  • gerbenzgerbenz Member
    Yes i understand but then it says every week on sunday the grey one and monday the green one but 
    it must be this week green next week grey than other week green other week grey
  • RocodamelsheRocodamelshe Member
    edited May 2016
    The variable is changing from grey to green so when it says this week u have to put the grey kliko outside, the variable is switching to green. That way next week he is telling u to put the green kliko outside.
    So, make the flows @caseda shows a few posts above and ur good. Change the day of the week anyway u like.
    If u still dont understand because of the english then plz contact one of us and we will help u .
  • gerbenzgerbenz Member
    I understand thabks
  • gerbenzgerbenz Member
    I have made 2 flows but they didn't work

homey says nothing
    i have the flows from above
  • casedacaseda Member
    If you want homey to talk, you will need to change the "Push Notification" with "Speak".