This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
doorlock

Nuki doorlock

Comments

• Wow, that's 283.20 GBP! Crazy expensive!
    I already searched for Mul-T-lock (see my original link a couple of posts above), but can't find much feedback on those locks.
    Does anybody own one and want to share some opinions?
  • I don't like the need of an additional 99€ device for Nuki's remote access. It would be awesome if homey can manage this part.
  • My solution : 

A Professional 3 point electrical doorlock : http://www.hmb.nu/nl/3/elektrisch/meerpuntssluitingen/hang-en-sluitwerk/serie-007.aspx

With hmb controller, to be able to use the Fibaro 1x2.5kW switch to open the door, and with the second channel to make sure the door goes onto night lock when i leave my home, and close @ night when i go to sleep.

using the FIB_FGBS-001 module to 'log' the status of the door. and to register unwanted door opening..

Together with an additional card reader to open the door. This is nog working fine for me for 1.5 Years now.. :smile: 

• why use a nuki, when the solution can be completely done with Fibaro? I will post my solution later this day. Using a fibaro FIB_FGBS-001 Universal-Sensor, De Fibaro 1x2.5kW switch a cardreader module and a real good door lock...

Hopefully its possible to post a movie here...

Looking forward and interested in this video and description
  • Cant post video here, looking for other way to show movie  :s
  • Cant post video here, looking for other way to show movie  :s
    Post it to YouTube or another video site and put the link here
  • JaxcJaxc Member
    edited January 2016
    This should work smile 

if wanted i can post more , just let me know what you would like to see
  • JacobJacob Member
    edited January 2016

why use a nuki, when the solution can be completely done with Fibaro? I will post my solution later this day. Using a fibaro FIB_FGBS-001 Universal-Sensor, De Fibaro 1x2.5kW switch a cardreader module and a real good door lock...

Hopefully its possible to post a movie here...

With all respect for your solution this is hardly a comparison. The "real good door lock" is almost 600 Euro !
  • tommyjaytommyjay Member
    edited January 2016
    Peao said:
    I don't like the need of an additional 99€ device for Nuki's remote access. It would be awesome if homey can manage this part.
    You can actually use any android device instead of the 99e hub. They're making a separate app, so if you have a constantly-on android device within bluetooth reach of Nuki, it is the hub. And that's free. 

@JurgenHuijbregts I actually originally had something very similar in mind, I wanted to do it with Arduino, a keypad and an RF/NFC reader with a buzzer door lock, but I chose Nuki for various reasons. As much as I'd like to think I can, I'm not really capable enough to program something like a lock.. Then there's also the question of security, and lastly, Nuki can both open the door and lock the lock (same way your Fibaro does). The biggest advantage for me with Nuki though will be that a) it looks nice (compared to my own DIY solution) and b) I don't have to change anything on the door and I can take it anywhere.

I'm not saying that Nuki is better then your Fibaro solution, or any other smartlock on the market. Many smart locks are made for the US market, and use deadbolts which we don't have in europe. There's a lot to choose from, and I'm just saying that I chose Nuki. And I still really hope that Nuki and Homey will be able to talk to each other! smile 
  • @Jacob,

for me  it was a really simple choice, at my door the lock is above the knob, and most solutions do not support that, so to use invite I need to change the complete lock and on the fixed part I need to change the holes.. 
    Second, All the locks are the same in my house and use the same key. so keeping the existing cylinder is better for me.. 
  • Here a user experience of the (Nemef) Entr (in dutch) : https://www.bright.nl/uitpakparty/uitpakparty-nemef-entr-bluetooth-deurslot

In short, the bluetooth app doesn't work very well...
    And last but not least, it has a mini usb charger with 12(!)Volt..  it's only a manner of time before someone uses this charger to change his/her phone and blows up the phone...

I presume the app (and/or lock) will get an update to fix those app problems...

• I have the invited smart lock.
    it fits on "Dutch doors" without breaking the door. 
    It is expensive but works great.
    and it is on the road map by homey.

• I ordered Danalock today, homey will support it (Z-Wave). I can tell you my opinion monday evening. :smiley: 

I did hear a lot bad, but since the new version V125 a lot of good things about it.
  • jovink said:
    I have the invited smart lock.

I have looked into the invite also, but here is a Dutch door with a NEMEF ASK lock, that is installed in many new houses where as you see the cylinder is above the handle.. In those cases the Nemef and Invite will not work and the Nuki is a perfect alternative. (there's no "one fit all" here) . as for me Nuki is at this moment the best choice .. 

regards

• Jacob said:
    One thing was that I have a 'plastic' door in my apartment currently, which has a 8 point locking system that is hard to lock (I already broke 2 keys in half a year by twisting too hard), emailing with Nuki they assured me that their motor will handle this. Another thing of course was the design, and the fact I can use my old key. It's also pretty easy to install and take with me when I move (which I might be doing a bit of, as I'm in my mid-twenties). The MulTlock solution which you mention here is something I saw for the first time and I actually like the idea of using a finger print, not that it would be the only one. I liked it because of price and features (integration, lock at night, BT FOB, Watch App), but many of these functions are things that a lot of todays smart locks already feature. To be specific, the Danalock seemed too big to fit my door, and as many people pointed out, the inside of the lock needs to be exchanged (which may not be legal in renting contracts), and seems to be a pretty big security risk, at least from my point of view. The Entr was the closes to what I would have otherwise gotten, but the strange charging solution and bad software reviews drove me away. I looked for it and although they have 8 dealers in my country, none of them ever heard of the product (Czech Republic).

I'm defiantly not saying that Nuki is the best solution, but when I backed them back in September I did some research and it seemed to be the best solution to me. Stupidly enough, even though I've never seen a deadbolt in the Czech Republic, the only 'well known' smart locks here are the ones which are imported from the US, and unless someone goes out of their way to buy a non standardized deadbolt and some keys, they're practically unusable. At least that all is my subjective point of view.

I'm not trying to argue against other smart locks, I'm just saying that for Europe it's a viable choice and I'm glad to see other Homey backers to anticipate their Nuki. They have promised to and hopefully will soon release an API, and have had a positive and open opinion about integration with home automation, so I'm just hoping that Athom and Nuki will be able to work together to create a proper app! :) This of course in no way means that I wouldn't want all the other smart locks to be supported for all of you non-Nuki smart lockers!
    JurgenHuijbregts 's solution is of course something I'd prefer- built in. 
  • Robebar said:
    jovink said:

I have looked into the invite also, but here is a Dutch door with a NEMEF ASK lock, that is installed in many new houses where as you see the cylinder is above the handle.. In those cases the Nemef and Invite will not work and the Nuki is a perfect alternative. (there's no "one fit all" here) . as for me Nuki is at this moment the best choice .. 

regards

I have never seen that. Didn't know.
    my house is more than 30 years old :smile: 
  • With some locks you cant use a key at the outside when there is a key at the inside of the doorlock. Am i right that NOKI is not an option then?
  • With some locks you cant use a key at the outside when there is a key at the inside of the doorlock. Am i right that NOKI is not an option then?
    Nuki says they recommend using a emerg/security euro cylinder, which for emergency purposes has the functionality of being able to insert and twist a key from the outside of the door even when there's a key inserted from the other side. I don't know how used this specification is, but I know that for the entrance door of my own apartment and a friend both have this function. 
  • My danalock came today, I just installed it. The installation was easier than thought. I am a bit impressed of the strenght, because my door really  doesn't handle smooth. 
    The only weakness is, that the Bluetooth LE signal seems weak... I have to hold my Smartphone right at the door from outside to get a signal. But this is where Homey with Z-Wave kicks in :smile: 

• I accidentally locked myself out this past weekend and had to drive all the way to my in-laws in Belgium to retrieve the spare key. Motivation enough to start looking at smart locks.

After checking out all the candidates mentioned in this forum I must say my money will go to Nuki, for the following reasons:

+ Door can be unlocked from outside totally hands-free
    + Door can be opened from inside by pushing a button or turning a knob
    + The existing cylinder does not need to be replaced
    + Existing keys can still be used to unlock from outside
    + Competitive price
    + An open API will be released
  • With every single lock in my house i can't turn the key from the outside when there is still a key on the inside. Only in de unlocked "neutral" position it is possible to push the other key slightly outwards so it will turn... (Probably even this won't work with Nuki installed) Maybe you should do a test before you order?
  • itisi said:
    With every single lock in my house i can't turn the key from the outside when there is still a key on the inside. Only in de unlocked "neutral" position it is possible to push the other key slightly outwards so it will turn... (Probably even this won't work with Nuki installed) Maybe you should do a test before you order?
    Agreed, test is the simplest thing you can do. But even if, like I. Your case, the test would fail, this security cylinder comes in many shapes and sizes and Costs the same as a regular one. Just search for both sized, or something like that 
  • jovink said:

I was considering this smartlock, fits perfectly on my door and is very easy to install and operate and future Homey intergation until...
    I saw a video on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce4CUElALak  and noticed the awefull noice that this smart lock makes.

Is this really that bad?

The Nuki and Danalock are great alternatives but I need to be able to disable the push button that opens the door. My door has a mailbox so it would be quite easy to use that hole to push the button using some metal shaped wire.

• jovinkjovink Member
    jovink said:

I was considering this smartlock, fits perfectly on my door and is very easy to install and operate and future Homey intergation until...
    I saw a video on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce4CUElALak  and noticed the awefull noice that this smart lock makes.

Is this really that bad?

The Nuki and Danalock are great alternatives but I need to be able to disable the push button that opens the door. My door has a mailbox so it would be quite easy to use that hole to push the button using some metal shaped wire.

No it isn't anymore. That's my video. 
    This was a old version of smartlock. I have now a new one that's faster and is not that loud.

• jordenjorden Member
    I am also interested in Invited/Danalock/Nuki.  Emile told me that Invited was really loud and that Danalock was less loud and worked well with Homey.
    However considering that the movies where I saw Danalock in action, seemed to be real loud as well, I was waiting for Nuki to see how that is working out. I believe they are sending in june already.

@jovink how satisfied are you with the Invited?
    Is it  possible yet to open the door without getting your phone out of your pocket, and does that work well? (for example, using Geofencing or Bluetooth detection?)
    Is it possible to open the door when you are not at home, for example via the app?
    I've read somewhere that it was impossible to open the door using Bluetooth by a second person, if the first version has his phone connected to the Bluetooth. Is that really an issue?
  • jovinkjovink Member

Jorden, it is not possible to open the door without taking your phone out your pocket. The invited does not have Bluetooth. (As far as I know)
    Maybe it is possible with homey. 

But I don't think it's going to work. Because if you to close to the door while you inside then the door opens. 
    Maybe you can create something with Ibeacons. 

I can make a new video when I'm home if you want. 

With homewizard you can open the door true the app. So I think you can with homey. 

• jordenjorden Member
    edited May 2016
    Thanks! I guess I mixed up the bluetooth part with a different lock. Would like to see a new vid, thanks!
  • brot84brot84 Member
    The danalock android app is horrible,  my danalock is broken, a smart gadget what i never buy again. And yes the Danalock is loud, but i think that is every invited lock, you need power to unlock the door!  Auto Unlock works by me at 2 times. Now for the last time i spend money for a invited doorlock from Nuki. 
  • jovinkjovink Member
    I have made a new small video. 
    If I listen to it, it's still loud but in real it's not that loud. 

But you can see it is much faster than the old one.