This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Can we change the sound of Homey?

Can we change the sound of homey?
Like changing it into a wonderful Belgium lady speaking?

Comments

• Did the search but used the wrong words I guess, sorry for that
  • I just checked: Dutch -Ruben is very good. Much better than the women. I haven't tried them all, but there is quite a bit of difference in quality.
  • Vincent said:
    I just checked: Dutch -Ruben is very good. Much better than the women. I haven't tried them all, but there is quite a bit of difference in quality.
    Fully agree, it's almost natural 
  • Is it possible to download a voice?

• This is from Ivona Speech-Cloud

Pricing

License

Cost

Development Account

Free, limited to 50k units/month.

Commercial Account

$1000/month (prepaid) + $0.003/unit for usage above 250k units/month.

Can the audio files generated by Speech Cloud be stored on personal devices?

Once you sign the commercial Speech Cloud Services Customer Agreement, speech can be stored on a personal device for later use by the end user of the device. For example, a news reading application can store the audio files on an end user’s device.

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    We don't use the cloud service, but a local, offline version. 
  • o.k. where can i download the german voice 'marlene' ?
  • As far as I understand Emile, all ivona voices are already installed on Homey. So you might just have to go to the settings and change em. 
  • I think the voice control runs on the Atoms servers.
  • And I'm curious what languages will be supported in what time frame. I believe only English is working properly right now.
  • LuukVisscherLuukVisscher Member
    edited January 2016

These are the voices you can choose from:

• thx luuk.  clear
  • So just English and Dutch for now.
  • The voice can also be portugese me guess?
    Or Turkish?
  • The voice can also be portugese me guess?
    Or Turkish?
    I believe not now, but eventually.
  • In the presentations of homey German is Always a supprted Language. See the home Page -> is speak your language...

• Reading this post, is it possible to let homey anser by user. So for me there is answer from male x and for my wife Y and for kids nemo ;-) This way we know to who homey is listening, this to prevent the house discussion who needs to listen to who, it is not a need but would be nice though.
  • dclrcqdclrcq Member
    edited February 2016
    tunf said:
    Reading this post, is it possible to let homey anser by user. So for me there is answer from male x and for my wife Y and for kids nemo ;-) This way we know to who homey is listening, this to prevent the house discussion who needs to listen to who, it is not a need but would be nice though.
    Maybe in the future:
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/4305/#Comment_4305
    Although this is about language and not about type of voice I'm guessing it's kind of the same situation.
  • well in this funny video they where able to let Homey's voice sound like an indian speaking english. maibe there are some parameters you can change. I dont know if this is real though.

• There are different voices you can load. Let's hope it will be implemented as a user parameter.
  • http://www.r2d2translator.com/

This one would be cool, although not to usefull :-)

I am having funn letting it say iiiqiiiqiiiqiiiqnmnmiiiqiiiqii
  • @Emile ;

In an other thread you give us the information where Homey get his voices -->  https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/1340/#Comment_1340
    As i see on the Ivona WebPages they support one male and one female voice for the german language.
    Here are the conditions from Ivona and a FAQ for using them
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pricing

License

Cost

Development Account

Free, limited to 50k units/month.

Commercial Account

$1000/month (prepaid) + $0.003/unit for usage above 250k units/month.

Can the audio files generated by Speech Cloud be stored on personal devices?

Once you sign the commercial Speech Cloud Services Customer Agreement, speech can be stored on a personal device for later use by the end user of the device. For example, a news reading application can store the audio files on an end user’s device.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    As i understand it is not possible to download a voice without getting a commercial account.
    In this thread we see a screenshot from Homey where we can see the supported voices. There is no German language.

Do Homey support german language (Ivona 'Marlene') and if yes, under what conditions?

• Do Homey support german language (Ivona 'Marlene') and if yes, under what conditions?

I'm pretty sure it's on their (trello) to do list. For now English and (partially?) Dutch is working. I'm sure German will be done as well.
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    Yes, we support all IVONA voices you can see on their website. They will be available when we make homey available in a certain language. 
This discussion has been closed.