This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

[Update: done] We're shooting a video - what do you want to see?

EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
edited February 2016 in Archive
Hi backers!

We'd like you to show some features of Homey! What do you guys specifically want us to film?

Suggestions:
- Creating a Flow
- Pairing a device
- Talking to Homey 'e.g. turn the lights to blue'
- Just clicking through the interface

Any suggestions are welcome, we're doing this for you smile

Update
Here it is!

Comments

• WathLamersWathLamers Member
    edited January 2016
    everything emile
    ;)
  • +1 Just clicking through the interface
  • Everything + adding zwave device (preferably Fibaro :smile: )
  • Show a flow executing, by speech, with different protocols used. somphy, kaku, ir, etc.  So some more complex flows 

And make sure u capture homeys leaving 'home' <3
  • Cool!
    Maybe you can show someting like this (https://youtu.be/06u3XGd3Tfo), but then for real. So a more advanced flow with multiple devices.
  • -Unboxing
    -Setup
    -Resetting the device
    - What happens if Homey doesn't understand you.
    - Crazy combos (fibaro motion detector triggers hue light and makes Homey talk and ...)
    - Different languages

- And I would love some programming tips, but I guess that would be a different video.
  • I prefer a woman doing all you mentiond. If she can do it my wife for sure can do it :p
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited January 2016
    Nice!

- migration demo
    - zwave adding & changing paramaters
    - multiple protocols working together; Pushing a 433 remote that will open blinds, Pushing a 433 remote which turns on a Hue bulb)
    - how Zwave multi sensor device look like and behaving in the GUI (for example Fibaro Eye, Greenwave Multi socket)
    - Greenwave single and multi powersocket demo (power usage, switching, etc)
    - Homey interaction with other devices/platforms like HUE/Smartthermostat/etc 
    - Homey responding on talking to the Android App
    - How fast is the App working and how quick is Homey responding on App request/changes/etc
    - Android Tasker doing things with Homey; smartphone 1 power supply plugged in between on mon-thurs between 21:30 and 23:59, then check all door/window sensors closed and turn on alarm.
    - create more advanced Flows like;
    -- If "lux < 100" and "Sunrise", HUE dimmed on, sent notifications (email/slack/etc) "Sunrise and dark outside! Thunder/Rain?"
    -- Open sunscreen if Lux >10.000, sunrise, no rain, low wind(gust) else close sunscreen

• I would love to see a video about the Android app, show us how you can talk (is that ready yet?) to your phone to turn on any device. Just disconnect from Wifi so it uses mobile internet.
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    edited January 2016
    - Voice control.
    I've seen quite a few hit-and-miss videos, or videos where the person speaking to Homey was basically next to it. I'd love to see a video with Homey responding to a variety of voice commands given from different places around the room... as well as information on how to best set up Homey to optimize response to your own voice (or even better - response to the voices of multiple persons in the household).

Also (from the Kickstarter campaign):
    "When you want to watch a movie, the blinds close, your lights dim, your music fades out, the TV is set to the correct channel and your media center plays the movie."
    We've seen the promo video of this, I'd love to see a real one for this flow...
  • I would like to see a will it blend video :wink: 
    Just kidding. 

- how to add devices
    - make complex flows
    - voice commands
    - android/iOS app demo
  • LuukVisscherLuukVisscher Member
    edited January 2016

@Emile, maybe you can show the NFC possibilities too. My old UT "koffiekaart" works fine with Homey.

NFC.JPG 21.7K
  • I would love complex flows, including (if possible) setting variables in one flow, and using those in another flow, or multiple IF statements in a single flow (i.e. 4 potential outcomes due to 2 questions).
  • Hey @Emile  maybe you should use the search function in your own forum :smile:  :smile: 
    There is already a two month old thread with ideas and wishes for a video.

https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/6244/#Comment_6244

My personal wish is:
    - smalltalk with homey ( to show how intelligent it is, or if we have to create flows for every dialogue)
  • @Emile, maybe you can show the NFC possibilities too. My old UT "koffiekaart" works fine with Homey.

OOfcourse i +1 that! :wink: 
  • Thank you for doing this. Highly appreciated and it will be useful for many.
    • Production line in action
    • Flow where you send out multiple signals (IR/433MHz) with delays between them.
    • Hierarchy: If I have a flow that keep the blind open when outside is at least 500 lux but have another flow what shuts the blind when I start to watch a movie. How set hierarchy to avoid clashes and or infinite loops?
    • How link flows together. One flow triggering another.
    • Bluetooth operations. Eg.: If a Bluetooth keyring tag is in range change the status from away to home.
    • Manually changing IR code, 433Mhz ID tags (remotes like somfy)
    • Using command line inputs
    • How install an app not on the app store (Beta or shared on the forum, etc.)
    • We have seen if this than do that flows. Could you show how to make if this and this BUT NOT that and that than execute the flow actions?
  • Also interested in seeing how you can add custom voice commands to a flow. If that is at all possible.

I am kinda curious about that because when I was reading the documentation on apps, I saw that I as the developer had to add the voice commands. So now I am wondering if I, as the owner of the Homey, can add my own voice commands to actions in apps. Kind of like 'rerouting' it.
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited January 2016
    honey said:
    Thank you for doing this. Highly appreciated and it will be useful for many.
    • Production line in action
    • Flow where you send out multiple signals (IR/433MHz) with delays between them.
    • Hierarchy: If I have a flow that keep the blind open when outside is at least 500 lux but have another flow what shuts the blind when I start to watch a movie. How set hierarchy to avoid clashes and or infinite loops?
    • How link flows together. One flow triggering another.
    • Bluetooth operations. Eg.: If a Bluetooth keyring tag is in range change the status from away to home.
    • Manually changing IR code, 433Mhz ID tags (remotes like somfy)
    • Using command line inputs
    • How install an app not on the app store (Beta or shared on the forum, etc.)
    • We have seen if this than do that flows. Could you show how to make if this and this BUT NOT that and that than execute the flow actions?

Well, this sums it up pretty good . Exactly my thoughts
    And with some dutch voice commands. Everybody can do the English ones. Even that stuppid iPhone can.

Ok Homey keuken verlichting roze (Dat trekt de vrouw des huizes aan om sneller het eten klaar te gaan maken ;) )

• Plex connection
    Toon
    KPN or ZIGGO
    Hue support
    klik aan klik uit support
    IP camera with face recognition in a workflow
    etc.
    etc.
  • Define the most common use cases first. Like ask Homey to start a movie , with PVR, TV, lights etc being controlled
    Then for each use case show the end result. A sort of demo (front end, consumer friendly)
    Finally explain how to configure Homey to support this use case (back end, HowTo) 
  • - IFTTT integration (as I'm gonna need it since there is no app for the Harmony yet)
  • Some nice features Homey can do if you don't have devices To pair. (ask to search google, wiki, tv guide, jokes, weather, welcomes)
  • Phuturist said:
    - IFTTT integration (as I'm gonna need it since there is no app for the Harmony yet)
    As this has been requested by others as well, I'll make a small video of the setup process this weekend!
  • Dountill said:
    Some nice features Homey can do if you don't have devices To pair. (ask to search google, wiki, tv guide, jokes, weather, welcomes)

+1
  • MarcoF said:
    Nice!

- migration demo
    - zwave adding & changing paramaters
    - multiple protocols working together; Pushing a 433 remote that will open blinds, Pushing a 433 remote which turns on a Hue bulb)
    - how Zwave multi sensor device look like and behaving in the GUI (for example Fibaro Eye, Greenwave Multi socket)
    - Greenwave single and multi powersocket demo (power usage, switching, etc)
    - Homey interaction with other devices/platforms like HUE/Smartthermostat/etc 
    - Homey responding on talking to the Android App
    - How fast is the App working and how quick is Homey responding on App request/changes/etc
    - Android Tasker doing things with Homey; smartphone 1 power supply plugged in between on mon-thurs between 21:30 and 23:59, then check all door/window sensors closed and turn on alarm.
    - create more advanced Flows like;
    -- If "lux < 100" and "Sunrise", HUE dimmed on, sent notifications (email/slack/etc) "Sunrise and dark outside! Thunder/Rain?"
    -- Open sunscreen if Lux >10.000, sunrise, no rain, low wind(gust) else close sunscreen

exactly this ^^
  • Geofencing? In other words, Homey running a flow when you get home and/or enter your home.
  • tommyjay said:
    Geofencing? In other words, Homey running a flow when you get home and/or enter your home.
    +1!
    Also, adding Z-Wave devices would be nice. Maybe a nice flow with Z-Wave, maybe combined with Hue, KaKu, 433 etc.
  • How to write / deploy a 'hello world' app season 1
     - s01e01: create initial app and install on your Homey
     - s01e02: add an executable event card to your app
     - s01e03: add an trigger event card to your app
     - s01e04: how to write a z-wave device app
     - s01e05: how to write your own device driver
  • How to write / deploy a 'hello world' app season 1
     - s01e01: create initial app and install on your Homey
     - s01e02: add an executable event card to your app
     - s01e03: add an trigger event card to your app
     - s01e04: how to write a z-wave device app
     - s01e05: how to write your own device driver